It's Thanksgiving Week! I've put together some of my favorite thanksgiving recipes that I've shared over the years here at Blackberry Babe. I hope that you have a wonderful holiday with friends and family, filled with great food!
Thanksgiving Appetizer Recipes
I like to keep Thanksgiving appetizers simple, just providing a few things to snack on so folks don't ruin their appetite! I recommend providing a simple charcuterie tray and a dip, like this Easy Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip.
Thanksgiving Main Course Recipes
I am fairly traditional, and love to serve turkey at Thanksgiving. But, plain oven roasted turkey is not my preference! You should buy about one pound of turkey per person attending your Thanksgiving feast!
My favorite way to prepare a turkey is by frying it. This Deep Fried Cajun Turkey is my absolute favorite way to prepare my Thanksgiving turkey.
If you prepare to smoke your bird, I have a great tutorial here. Or, try this quick Oven Roasted Turkey topped with a Maple Bourbon Glaze!
(Make sure to save your Thanksgiving leftovers for this easy Cranberry Turkey Sliders!)
If turkey isn't your thing, you can still put together a special Thanksgiving main course! Here are my recommendations for non-turkey Thanksgiving Main Courses!
- Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Blackberry Merlot Sauce: A simple, affordable main with a seasonal sauce.
- Bacon Wrapped Beef Tenderloin with Balsamic Fig Sauce: The sauce on this beef tenderloin is a show stopper!
- Grilled Flank Steak with Caramelized Onion Sauce: This savory flank steak can be seared on the grill or in a large skillet!
Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes
For side dishes, plan on at least 4 options. I like to serve about a ½ cup per person for each side dish provided. You should plan on at least two vegetable side dishes and two starch side dishes.
Starchy Side Dishes for Thanksgiving
- Cheesy Corn Casserole
- Caramelized Onion and Bacon Mashed Potatoes
- Crispy Roasted Purple Potatoes with Shallots and Chives
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Mexican Corn Bake
- Jiffy Sweet Corn Spoon Bread
Vegetable Side Dishes for Friendsgiving:
- Cranberry Pecan Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Cabbage, Radish, and Apple Slaw
- Glazed Green Bean Bundles
- Kale Salad with Apples and Bacon
- Autumn Broccoli Salad
- Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- Drunken Mushrooms
- Classic Green Bean Casserole
Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes
Want something other than the traditional pumpkin pie for your Thanksgiving Dessert? Here are my favorite Thanksgiving dessert options on the site!
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake
- Pecan Pie Cobbler
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cake
- Easy Cranberry Buttermilk Pie
- Easy Caramel Apple Dump Cake
Thanksgiving Cocktail Recipes
If you want to start the day off right, these Cranberry Mimosas are perfect! I have even more Thanksgiving cocktail ideas here, in my post "10 Thanksgiving Cocktails to Truly Be Thankful For!"