This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Midwest Dairy. All opinions are 100% mine.
Your family will love this Homemade Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust! It's simple to make and perfect for the holidays.
If you’ve been following me on Instagram for a bit, you know I’ve been working with Midwest Dairy this year. I've loved working with them to develop dairy recipes and celebrate our regional dairy farmers. Midwest Dairy represents over 5,000 dairy farming families. And, they're generous supporters of Wonderscope!
While my son and I were at Wonderscope, we PLAYED! It’s rare that he and I get time one-on-one, so I treasured our time together. When we explored the outside play area at Wonderscope, we visited the Midwest Dairy exhibit! It surprised my son to learn that most dairy gets to the grocery store within two days. He loved taking his photo with the life-sized cow!
When we got home, we kept our one-on-one time going and did some seasonal baking! My son LOVES to bake with me! Baking is a great activity for kids and helps boost their confidence in the kitchen. We made his favorite fall pie, Pumpkin Pie!
To make the crust kid-friendly, we made a graham cracker crust! Even when I'm making a pie solo, I don't love the process of making and rolling out a traditional pie crust. Your kiddos can help smash the graham crackers and mix the crumbles with the melted butter!
For the pumpkin pie filling, I deviated from the traditional approach a bit. We use heavy cream, a bit of milk, brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon for a rich, creamy filling. I love to bake the filling until it's a bit golden brown on top. This adds extra depth of flavor and pairs so well with the crunch of the graham cracker crust.
Once you allow your delicious pumpkin pie to cool, slice and remember to serve with whipped cream!
Creamy Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
This pumpkin pie is made from scratch with a gorgeous, golden graham cracker crust!
For the crust:
- 12 graham crackers, crumbled (about 1.5 cups)
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the pie filling:
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine graham cracker crumbles, butter, and sugar in small mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Grease a deep-dish pie pan. Press graham cracker mixture into bottom and sides of pie pan using bottom of measuring cup.
- Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven. Allow to cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients and whip to combine with
- Pour pumpkin pie filling into graham crust, then bake for 40 minutes.
- Pull out of oven and loosely tent with aluminum foil, then bake for an additional 20 minutes. This will help keep the crust from browning too much.
- Pull from oven and allow to cool for 2 hours before slicing.
- Serve with whipped cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 349Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 108mgSodium 223mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 2gSugar 24gProtein 4g
The nutrition for this recipe is calculated by an app and may be incorrect.