Easy Roasted Air Fryer Carrots with Brown Sugar
Making the perfect Air Fryer Carrots is easier than you think! Perfectly caramelized with brown sugar and garlic, this Air Fryer Carrots recipe is a simple side dish your family will love.
Guys, I’m feeling optimistic about the things I love being a reality again. One of those things? Family holidays. I LOVE the production of a big, traditional holiday meal, and having my nearest and dearest gathered together! With Easter coming up, I’m dreaming of this Double Smoked Ham and some fantastic side dishes like these Roasted Air Fryer Carrots!
For these perfectly roasted Air Fryer Carrots, I chose a bunch of rainbow carrots with the tops still on. You absolutely do NOT have to use rainbow carrots, but they sure are pretty!
In lieu of rainbow carrots, you can choose a plain bunch of carrots with the tops on. I love keeping the tops on for a more elegant look. I have found rainbow carrots everywhere from Wal-Mart to Whole Foods! But, I found this rainbow carrot bunch with the tops on at Sprouts. You can also use baby carrots, but they will need less time in the air fryer.
I love the idea of using the air fryer for these roasted Air Fryer Carrots because my oven is BUSY when I make holiday meals! Using an appliance like the air fryer or Instant Pot can help free up valuable space when you’re making meals for a crowd.
But, you don’t HAVE to own an air fryer to make these delicious carrots! You can bake them at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes in the oven.
If you want another vegetarian air fryer recipe, try this Roasted Makhana in Air Fryer recipe!
Recipe Ingredients and Substitutions
- Play around with the fresh herbs for this recipe! You could use parsley, dill, thyme, or rosemary!
- Substitute maple syrup for the brown sugar.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar to the brown sugar mixture
- A squeeze of lemon juice is a wonderful addition to the cooked carrots.
- You can absolutely use regular carrots or rainbow carrots! Also, use baby carrots but reduce your cooking time by 5-10 minutes.
- Feel free to experiment with different seasonings! Add cayenne pepper or a dash of hot sauce for a bit of heat.
- Sprinkle the cooked carrots with Parmesan cheese for extra flavor.
Air Fryer Carrots FAQ
Will these carrots be sweet with the addition of brown sugar?
No! The brown sugar in this recipe is there to help accelerate the caramelization of the outer part of the carrots. If you like your carrots on the sweeter side, I recommend doubling the brown sugar.
I don’t have an air fryer. Can I still make these?
Yes, You can bake them in your oven on a sheet pan for 30 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Can I use baby carrots?
Yes, but you will need to reduce your cooking time down to 15 minutes.
How do I get the cooked brown sugar off the air fryer?
Ah, yes. Sticky brown sugar goo! It’s actually pretty easy to get off! I recommend adding hot water to the basket and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. After this, it should be dissolved and easy to scrub off. You can also use an air fryer liner to make for easy cleanup.
I think these Air Fryer Carrots are the perfect side dish for Easter dinner, or any weeknight dinner! They’re a healthy side dish and pair well with most protein, but especially ham! If you want to stick to using your air fryer, try this delicious Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu.
Storing Leftover Air Fryer Carrots
Store leftover carrots in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat for 2-3 minutes in your air fryer.
- 1 pound whole carrots, topped, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley or fresh thyme, minced
- Peel your carrots and cut them in half. You may need to cut them down further lengthwise to fit into your air fryer basket. Larger carrots may need to be quartered.
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots with the oil, brown sugar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss carrots until they are well coated.
- Place carrots into your air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Set the air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Shake/stir the carrots halfway through the cook time.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy. These carrots are delicious warm or at room temperature.
If the carrots come with the green tops on, trim the tops off, leaving about ¾ inch of the green top on the carrot.
For larger carrots, quarter them length-wise instead of halving them
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 92Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 0mgSodium 265mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 1g
The nutrition for this recipe is calculated by an app and may be incorrect.