Make this Easy Maple Walnut Pie for the holidays! This pie is ready in less than an hour.
This post is sponsored by General Mills, but all opinions are my own.
Whew, it’s been a year, right? I’m so glad the holidays are here, so we can slow down a bit! We are planning on taking it easy over the holidays, and that includes holiday baking! I’ll be taking some shortcuts this year and I’m excited to share those with you. The good news is that even if you take some baking shortcuts, you can still have DELICIOUS holiday treats like this Maple Walnut Pie!
- Freezing the pie crust for 30 minutes prior to filling it to make sure the crust does not burn.
- Shielding the pie crust with aluminum foil or a crust shield after the first 20 minutes of baking to again make sure the crust does not burn.
- Blanching the walnuts before you chop them by boiling them in water for 2-3 minutes. This will help remove the bitterness of the nuts.
- 1 9-inch Pillsbury™ Pie Shell
- 3.5 cups walnuts, roughly chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spread pie crust across 9-inch deep dish pie pan, stretching if needed to cover the edges. Crimp the edges of the crust and trim any extra crust if necessary.
3. Add chopped walnuts to the pie dish on top of the unbaked crust.
4. In a medium sized mixing bowl, add eggs, maple syrup, molasses, and vanilla extract. Whip briskly with a whisk for about 30 seconds to combine.
5. Add butter, flour, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Stir to combine.
6. Pour pie filling over walnuts in pie dish.
7. Bake for 20 minutes.
8. Remove from oven, then cover crust with pie crust shield or aluminum foil
9. Return pie to oven. Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
10. Remove from oven. Loosely cover the top of the pie with a sheet of aluminum foil. This is to keep the top of the walnuts from burning.
11. Return pie to oven and bake for a final 5-10 minutes, until completely cooked through in the center. There should be no visible liquid remaining.
12. Allow pie to completely cool before slicing, 1-2 hours.