Last Updated on
Use your Thanksgiving leftovers for these Turkey Cranberry Sliders! These Hawaiian roll turkey sliders are made with turkey, cranberry sauce and swiss cheese and baked to perfection with a poppy seed sauce.
Are you ready for some turkey! I am! Thanksgiving is my FAVORITE holiday because it’s all about food (and naps). What’s better than that? Reusing my turkey leftovers is always something I look forward to every year. I love to make a basic turkey noodle soup, but I REALLY love to make these melty Turkey Cranberry Sliders!
If you’ve been following along on Blackberry Babe for a while, you know I am the Queen of Thanskgiving Turkey! I love to make smoked turkey, fried turkey or delicious oven roasted turkey whenever I get a chance.
These mini turkey sandwiches are perfect for the day after Thanksgiving, when you’re lazing around with friends and family. Because of the colors and the delicious poppyseed topping, these sandwiches look and taste special. But, they’re so easy! Just 5 minutes of prep and 20 minutes in the oven is all you need!
When I made these Turkey Cranberry Sliders, I used leftover turkey and cranberry sauce. BUT, if you’re making these without leftovers available, just visit your deli and ask them to thick cut some deli turkey for you. It’ll be great, I promise! And, you can always buy a can of prepared cranberry sauce to top these delicious baked turkey sandwiches!
Alternate Ideas for Turkey Cranberry Sliders:
- Substitute cut brie wedges for swiss cheese
- Substitute provolone slices for swiss cheese
- Use prepared cranberry sauce if you do not have any leftover cranberry sauce on hand
- Substitute a chutney or bacon jam for the cranberry sauce
- Add arugula or spinach to the sandwiches for a pop of green color
Tips for Preparing Turkey Cranberry Sliders:
- If you have leftover sliders, reheat them in the oven for the best results.
- I prefer to pre-cut the rolls with these sliders before baking to allow for the sauce to fall into the nooks and crannies around each roll!
- Remember to remove the foil for the last few minutes of bake time. This will let the tops of the rolls crisp up nicely and help reduce any greasiness.
I hope that you enjoy these super easy, baked Turkey Cranberry Sliders! If you have any other ways that you love to use up leftover turkey, please let me know in the comments. I’d love to hear from you!