Bacon Wrapped Green Beans are a simple, elegant side dish! Paired with a sweet brown sugar glaze, everyone will love these bacon wrapped green beans!
It's grilling season, and I can hardly contain my excitement! During the winter, I'm a one-woman show in the kitchen. Obviously, I love cooking, but who doesn't love a break? Grilling season allows me more time and head space to contribute one awesome dish to each meal. Normally a starch, but occasionally a creative salad or vegetable like these Bacon Wrapped Green Beans!
For the past month, my husband has taken over meals at least one weeknight each week, and every dinner on the weekends. I am LOVING it. He typically grills or smokes meat, and then will add a vegetable to the grill. Our favorites are corn (even though it's not quite in season yet, it's still great when grilled!), asparagus, and portabella mushrooms.
Last weekend, I decided to do some experimenting with green beans. I was perusing my Mom's church cookbook from my childhood, and noticed a recipe for bacon wrapped green beans that piqued my interest. I had to talk my husband out of grilling them, although they would be delicious grilled, too!
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles
First, clean the stems off your green beans. Gather 5-6 green beans in a bundle and wrap with a half piece of bacon. Secure with a toothpick and place on a lightly greased pan.
Next, make the glaze! Butter, brown sugar and garlic powder are placed in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt then stir to combine. Pour the glaze over the green bean bundles, then roast in the oven.
In about 25 minutes, you have an absolutely delicious green bean dish that makes an inexpensive vegetable the star of dinner!
If you enjoyed these Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles, I think you'll also love:
- ½ lb green beans
- 4 pieces of bacon, halved
- 4 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Clean green beans by snapping or cutting off stems and dead ends.
- Form green beans into bundles of 5-6 beans. Wrap one piece of bacon around each, secure with toothpick. Arrange bundles on baking pan (with edges, so that the juices don't run off into oven).
- Combine butter, brown sugar and garlic powder in small microwave safe dish. Microwave on 50% power for one minute. Remove from microwave and stir to combine.
- Pour butter and brown sugar glaze over the green bean bundles.
- Bake in oven at 375 for about 25 minutes.