This post was sponsored by Sargento Foods as part of an Ambassador Program for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Fresh Mexican Corn Casserole is an easy, cheesy side dish packed with fresh tomatoes, peppers and corn! Plus, four other cheesy side dishes!
I really struggle with winter. I love living in the Midwest, and that we have seasons. But winter is always tough for me. My idea of a perfect day is 60 degrees, breezy, with the windows open and the barbecue grill rolling outside! The good news is that I’m probably only two months away from that being a reality, of having that first crisp, but not cold day. That first day helps me realize that spring is just around the corner and soon, I’ll be able to kiss winter goodbye! For me, one of the best parts of good weather is how much we barbecue. My husband takes care of the protein, and I just have to throw together a side and a salad. Easy! Today’s recipe is the perfect side dish for a barbecue, and I will be making it on our very first nice day here in Kansas City. This Fresh Mexican Corn Casserole is so creamy and loaded with corn, bell peppers, tomatoes and cheese.
The base recipe for this dish is my super popular Cream Cheese Corn Casserole. This dish is a staple in my house. The more I made this cheesy corn casserole, the more I experimented with additions! I began adding bell peppers and tomatoes to it at the request of my husband. Then we started spicing it up with jalapeños. Even better. But, the best part of this casserole is definitely the cheese! Because of all of the spicy peppers added to the base recipe, I started mixing up the cheese too! Great tasting meals start with cheese fresh off the block. For this Mexican Corn Casserole, I add both Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese AND Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican.
Side dishes like this Mexican Corn Casserole are my absolute favorite recipes to share here at Blackberry Babe, and cheesy ones are always the most popular! I’ve put together four of my favorite cheesy side dishes for you from my site and a few friends. From Mac and Cheese to Scalloped Potatoes, adding Sargento® Cheese to these barbecue side dishes will make them the star of your next barbecue, whenever it may be! Sargento® Shredded Cheese is always shredded from blocks of real, natural cheese. Let me know which two Sargento® Shredded Cheeses you would use to recreate these delicious, cheesy side dishes!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into large cubes
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 15 ounces black beans, drained
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 20 ounces corn kernels (canned, frozen or cut from cob)
- 2/3 cup Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican
- 1/2 cup Sargento® Shredded Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup diced jalapeño peppers, seeds removed (optional)
- pinch of each: salt, pepper, cumin, onion powder and garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place cream cheese and butter in 8×8 inch casserole dish. Heat in microwave for 2 minutes. Stir. Add to microwave again and heat for another two minutes. Stir.
- Mix black beans, diced tomatoes, corn, and shredded Mexican cheese into the cream cheese and butter mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Bake casserole for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and stir.
- Sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese and jalapeños, return to oven for 5 minutes. Bake until cheese is melted and serve warm.
- Serving Size: 8