Looking for the fresh and delicious side dish for your holiday table? This is my go-to Thanksgiving salad recipe for our Thanksgiving meal!
By now, most of you know that holiday dinners are my favorite. There are almost 50 holiday recipes on this blog, and I have no plans of stopping! One thing I love is a good make-ahead side dish like this beautiful Cranberry Harvest Salad. I think it will be a new favorite for your families!
The sides at Thanksgiving dinner are traditionally very heavy (and delicious). So, why not balance out all of the butter and potatoes with this harvest salad. This healthy recipe is the perfect complement to the heavier traditional side dishes you see this time of year.
It's packed with fresh ingredients like leafy greens, onion, apples, sweet potato, cranberries and and easy vinaigrette! The best part? This great recipe uses ingredients that you probably have on hand for your holiday meal, anyway!
My favorite part? The addition of sweet potatoes! We use the air fryer to quick cook the sweet potato cubes.
Pro Tip: If needed, you can absolutely do this the day before! Just allow the cooked sweet potato to come up to room temperature before tossing with the salad.
Need more holiday recipes for your Thanksgiving table? I put together a all of the BEST Thanksgiving recipes, even Thanksgiving turkey!
There are ample ingredients that are wonderful when added to this salad recipe! Here are a few suggestions:
- Add beautiful pomegranate arils for a pop of holiday color. This is especially beautiful for Christmas dinner!
- Add other fresh fruits; pear slices or mandarin oranges are a great option.
- Top with leftover turkey as a great lunch for the day after Turkey Day!
- Substitute arugula salad mix for the mixed greens.
- Substitute dried cherries for the cranberries. Cherries are a good substitute for the tartness of the cranberries.
- Substitute gorgonzola cheese, bleu cheese or goat cheese for the feta cheese.
- Substitute cubed butternut squash for the sweet potatoes.
- Dressing substitutions: Substitute maple syrup for honey in the dressing. Substitute balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar or red wine vinegar for the apple cider vinegar in the dressing
- 1 batch Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 5.5 ounces spring mix lettuce
- ½ cup of dried cranberries
- ½ cup of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large honey crisp apple, sliced
- ½ cup of walnuts, chopped
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
For the sweet potato:
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the sweet potatoes: In a small bowl, toss cubed sweet potatoes with 1 teaspoon oil, salt and pepper. Air fry at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or roast on a baking sheet at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- To a large bowl, add the spring mix lettuce and top with salad ingredients, including the sweet potatoes.
- Pour vinaigrette over top of the prepared salad and serve immediately.