Lobel’s of New York has sponsored this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This Holiday Rib Roast with Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Pan Sauce is the ultimate entrée for any holiday feast! Made all in one roasting pan, your family will love the decadent flavors of this dish.
To me, high-quality beef is the ultimate holiday meal! I was raised on high quality, hand cut beef from small, central Missouri farms, so I am very choosy about my beef! Once you’ve had truly great beef, you can taste the difference.
For this recipe, I used the Lobel’s of New York USDA Prime Dry-Aged Bone-In Rib Roast.
While roasting a rib roast can feel a bit intimidating, I promise it is actually very simple! This rib roast is absolutely the most desirable cut of all beef roast, and it’s Lobel’s signature! It’s a traditional choice for holiday feasts, well marbled, flavorful, and tender!
We start with a simple herb rub and transfer the roast into the oven to roast for about two hours. Then, while the roast rests, you’ll use the pan drippings to create a delicious, caramelized onion and mushroom pan sauce to serve alongside the sliced rib roast.
Lobel’s meats are soundly sourced and butchered with care—you can trust them for your high-quality holiday meals.
For your holiday beef, you want to make sure to choose USDA certified prime. Only 2% of beef produced in the United States is certified prime grade. From that small amount, Lobel’s only chooses the top 2% of high prime. You truly can’t get any better than this beef!
Lobel’s USDA prime beef comes from the very finest corn-fed cattle the Midwest has to offer. I know that grass-fed and grass-finished are words you've heard often, but coming from a cattle farmer’s granddaughter, take my word that you want your beef to be corn-fed for the best flavor. Plus, this is the USDA Prime Beef Madison Avenue Gift Box perfect for gift giving this holiday season!
If steaks are more your thing, Lobel’s has you covered! Might I recommend:
· USDA Prime Dry-Aged Porterhouse Steak
· USDA Prime Dry-Aged Boneless Strip Steak
· USDA Prime Filet Mignon
· USDA Prime Dry-Aged Bone-In Rib Steaks
· Madison Avenue Gift Box, which includes a collection of Lobel’s most popular cuts!!
The sauce included in this recipe is an AMAZING topping for any grilled or seared steak. Just substitute beef stock for the drippings! I love to serve this delicious Holiday Rib Roast alongside creamy mashed potatoes and a simple green salad. It's the perfect holiday meal!
- 4-pound Lobel’s USDA Prime Dry-Aged Bone-In Rib Roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons thyme, dried
- 2 teaspoons parsley, dried
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
For the pan sauce
- 16 ounces Portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 sweet yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup red wine
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, torn
- Heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. In a small bowl, mix the spices.
- Set the rib roast in a roasting pan bone side down. Brush lightly with olive oil. Pat spice rub into the roast on all sides.
- Roast in the center of the oven for 20 minutes.
- Lower the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and roast for an added 20 minutes per pound, or until the center of the roast reads 118 degrees Fahrenheit (for medium rare) or 125 degrees Fahrenheit (for medium). Since all roasts are cut differently, you will need to use an instant-read thermometer to determine when to pull the roast from the oven. Remember that the roast will continue to cook while it rests.
- Carefully remove the roast from the pan and place on a carving board. Tent with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 25-30 minutes. The roast will continue to cook during this time, and juices will redistribute. Please do not cut into the roast while it is resting.
- While the roast is resting, add to the drippings in the roasting pan: mushrooms, onions, garlic, red wine and fresh parsley. Stir to combine.
- Increase the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, and roast the mushrooms and onions for 20-25 minutes, stirring midway through.
- Slice the roast between each bone before serving, and serve warm, with the mushroom and onion sauce. Enjoy!
■ Offers are subject to change without notice. Offers can only be redeemed through Lobel's of New York; they cannot be redeemed at Lobel's Prime Meats (Madison Avenue butcher shop) or stadium concession locations. Offers are good while supplies last. Not valid on existing or previously placed orders. Offer not valid in conjunction with purchase of gift certificates, whole fresh turkeys, fresh turkey breasts, Meat of the Month Packages, or Shipping-Included Packages. No substitutions. Offer can be used a maximum of 9 times (9 shipments maximum) per customer. Corporate customer discounts cannot be combined with non-corporate discounts. Offers cannot be combined. No minimum purchase required. Offer valid from 12:00 a.m. (ET) on 11/2/2021 until 11:59 p.m. (ET) on 12/31/2021. Promo code BlackberryBabe75 must be applied during checkout for offer to be applied.