Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu is an easy, crispy dinner for your family! Ready in 30 minutes with a three-ingredient sauce and perfectly seasoned Louisiana Fish Fry Coating.
This post is sponsored by Louisiana Fish Fry, but all opinions are my own.
When I first started using the air fryer, I started with simple recipes. Sweet potato fries, potato wedges and frozen foods. And, I loved it instantly! I couldn’t believe how crispy it made our food. Then, I started making our dinner entrees in the air fryer, like homemade chicken tenders and chicken thighs.
As I got more comfortable with the appliance, I learned you can make almost anything in the air fryer! My newest air fryer adventure is this scrumptious Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe.
This version of Chicken Cordon Bleu is tender chicken breast wrapped with swiss cheese and ham, breaded and air fried to perfection. The cooked chicken is then topped with a 3-ingredient sauce that is both tangy and creamy.
This air fryer recipe was a total hit with my entire family, even my son!
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu at Home .
- Pound your chicken breast out thin. Or, you can save time by buying thin sliced chicken breasts at the store.
- You can use deli ham or leftover ham. I used leftover ham from Thanksgiving, and it was delicious!
- Swiss cheese is traditional, but most types of sliced cheese would be delicious! Feel free to substitute for what you have on hand.
- Use Louisiana Fish Fry Air Fryer Chicken Coating for a perfectly crunchy coating with no fuss.
- Pin your chicken, ham and cheese roll together with as many toothpicks as you need. You will remove the toothpicks after air frying.
- Turn your chicken every 10 minutes for even air frying.
Using Louisiana Fish Fry Air Fryer Chicken Coating is a smart choice that saves time and adds tremendous flavor. It’s one easy ingredient that gives you crispy air fryer chicken AND perfectly seasoned chicken! Keeping Louisiana Fish Fry Products in your pantry makes dinners like this a breeze. Check out their wide product array here!
I’m proud to support Louisiana Fish Fry products, as they are US-owned and made. The company headquarters and production facility are in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Louisiana Fish Fry Air Fryer Seasoned Coating Mixes come in four varieties:
- Chicken Coating Mix
- Pork Coating Mix
- Fish Coating Mix
- Garlic & Herb Coating Mix
While I used the Chicken Coating Mix for this Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe, you can easily interchange any of the Louisiana Fish Fry Coating mixes to suit your tastes!
Click here (LINK) to find Louisiana Fish Fry Coating Mix in a store near you!
How to Make an Easy Mornay Sauce
Chicken Cordon Bleu is traditionally topped with mornay sauce, a classic, creamy french sauce. I created a “cheater” mornay sauce made with just three ingredients. To make this easy mornay sauce, you’ll combine equal parts sour cream and cream of chicken soup with a hearty squeeze of lemon juice.
After you taste the sauce, you may want to add additional lemon juice, fresh herbs or garlic!The creamy, acidic flavor of this sauce is the perfect compliment to your Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu.
I like to serve this air fryer chicken recipe with a simple salad and starch; a baked potato or some buttered noodles are an excellent pairing! If you enjoyed this Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe, please share your feedback in the comments.
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast, pounded to ¼ inch thickness
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 5 ounces Louisiana Fish Fry Air Fryer Garlic & Herb Seasoned Coating Mix (1 box)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup cream of chicken soup
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Place chicken breasts on an even surface. Cover with plastic wrap and pound with a mallet until flattened out to ¼ inch thickness.
- Place ham and cheese slices on top of chicken breast and gently roll up, securing with toothpicks.
- Place Louisiana Fish Fry Chicken Coating on a plate. Roll chicken in coating to coat, patting coating on any uncovered areas.
- Air fry at 390 degrees for 30 minutes, flipping chicken every ten minutes.
- Remove chicken from the air fryer when it has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small saucepan, combine sour cream, cream of chicken soup and lemon juice. Bring to a gentle boil and stir frequently for 2-3 minutes, until well combined.
- Top cooked chicken with cream sauce, serve warm.