This Asian Chicken Rice Bowl uses lean ground chicken breast and is ready in about 20 minutes!
I’ve really been focused on easy weeknight meals lately because I feel SO crunched for time! I just got a promotion at work, but of course that means more responsibility. I think it will be a good thing in the long run, but I feel super stressed out right now from trying to cram more work in the same amount of time each day.
(Pssssttt… This recipe is one of the Top 5 on my site! Check out the others in this video.)
I’ve also been making Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps a bunch, but I made them SO much that we got a bit tired of them. So, I took that same concept and switched it to a rice bowl, and it’s a hit! We’ve made this Asian Chicken Rice Bowl recipe THREE TIMES in the past two weeks.
Since I’ve gotten busier, my grocery list has changed quite a bit. I’m opting more for convenience foods like pre-cut broccoli and green beans in steamer bags that you can microwave. I’m also choosing fast-cooking lean proteins like ground turkey, ground chicken, tilapia, salmon and thin pork chops.
This Asian Chicken Rice Bowl recipe uses ground chicken breast, but you could always substitute lean ground turkey! You only need a quick saute to brown the chicken. Then, I used three popular asian sauces to make a sweet and thick sauce, slightly reminiscent of the sauce you find on mongolian chicken.
Soy sauce, sweet chili sauce and hoisin sauce for the win!
I have always had a love/hate relationship with rice. I love to eat it, and I hate to cook it! Good rice, cooked perfectly, is delicious all by itself.
When you have a toddler like I do, you get really distracted when you’re cooking! These distractions leave you with a whole lot of burnt rice and hard to clean pans. That crispy layer of burned rice? Yeah, if anyone has tips on how to get it off your pots without three days of soaking, you let me know!
Lucky for me and all my rice cooking fails, I recently discovered Veetee Dine In Rice. It is a seriously a life changer. This rice is perfectly cooked and ready to go! You just have to pop it in the microwave for 2 minutes OR add it right into your stir fry to heat it up.
I used the Thai Jasmine Rice as a base for my Asian Chicken and topped it with green onions and sesame seeds. Other varieties of Veetee Dine In that would work well with this recipe would include Long Grain Rice or Whole Grain Brown Rice and Quinoa.
Check here to see if your local store carries this awesome rice, and I hope you enjoy it as the base for this awesome, easy chicken dish!
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 small white onion, finely diced
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 package Veetee Dine In Rice: Thai Jasmine
- Optional for garnish: diced green onions, sesame seeds
- Into a large skillet, add sesame oil and heat on medium-high heat. When hot, add onion and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken breast to skillet and saute over high heat until cooked through.*
- Add soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and sweet chili sauce. Stir until the chicken is well coated in sauce.
- Meanwhile, follow instructions on package to cook Veetee Dine In Rice.
- Spoon rice, then chicken into bowls. Serve while hot.
- *If lean chicken breast is used, there should not be much grease in the pan. If there is, carefully drain some of it off before adding the sauces.
- Serving Size: 2
Thank you to Veetee Dine In Rice for providing product and compensation for this post and for sponsoring this giveaway. And thank you to my readers for patronizing the brands I love, who make this blog possible!