When I put together this Sweet Chili Shrimp recipe, I kept it simple! You only need a few ingredients and a few minutes to get this sweet chili shrimp dish on the table!
My quest for super simple dinners continues. Two weeks ago, I shared this CRAZY easy Asian Chicken Rice Bowl, which has become a new favorite. I've gotten so much positive feedback from readers! This week, I'm sharing another simple dinner recipe. This Sweet Chili Shrimp with Lime has just a few ingredients.
But, it's flavor is OUT of this world! I used sweet chili sauce, lime, soy sauce and garlic. Pair this sauce with easy sauteed jumbo shrimp, and you have a winner! I served this sweet chili shrimp with rice, and I thanked the seafood gods after every delicious bite!
Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong place. I could live off seafood. Fish, shellfish, I love it all! I am seeing more seafood on the menu here in the Midwest these days. But, we usually eat our seafood at home thanks to the fresh and flash frozen seafood flown in to Seattle Fish. I feel good about our seafood heavy diet, because heart disease runs in my husband's family.
My preference when cooking shrimp is to use shell-on shrimp that has been de-veined. Cooking shrimp with the shell on adds depth of flavor. I also think it helps prevent overcooking. You know when your shrimp curls in on itself and gets rubbery? Yeah, we don't want that.
If you do cook the shrimp with the shell on, you'll want to reserve some extra sauce for dipping. And some paper towels, because these will be sticky when you peel them!
If you can't find shell-on shrimp that has been de-veined, just opt for peeled shrimp! It will still be GREAT. Also, I used this sesame oil to sauté the shrimp. I love the flavor that sesame oil adds, but if you don't have any on hand, just use a mild flavored oil like vegetable oil. No need for a special trip to the store!
If you love this Sweet Chili Shrimp recipe, I think you'll also enjoy these asian recipes!
- Hibachi Steak Lettuce Wraps
- Sriracha Peach Shrimp Skewers
- Crispy Sweet Chili Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Slaw
- Rob's Famous Barbecued Shrimp Recipe
- Creamy Shrimp Penne with Grape Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil (check asian aisle)
- 1 pound large shrimp, 15-25 count (large), deveined, shell on, thawed
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce (check asian aisle)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- juice of ½ lime
- optional: lime to garnish
- Combine sweet chili sauce, soy sauce and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- In a large, non-stick skillet, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat.
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Add shrimp to skillet, saute for 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add sauce and stir quickly to coat for about 1 minute. Remove skillet from burner and squeeze lime juice over the top of the shrimp. Give another stir.
- Serve over white rice with extra limes for garnish.