These Hibachi Steak Lettuce Wraps are a quick and easy dinner when you're pinched for time! Quick cooked steak, rice and yum yum sauce are wrapped in lettuce leaves.
I have really been struggling with dinner lately! Seriously, these Hibachi Steak Lettuce Wraps are the best I've done in a LONG time! My husband has been traveling a ton for work, which then adds to my daily workload on the home front.
It's hard for me to justify a cooking a big meal when it's just my son and me. We've been doing a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and mac and cheese. Just the easy stuff that I know my 3-year old will eat!
Last Thursday, my son looked at me and said, "Mama, I want a steak!" It cracked me up, but truly, the boy loves his red meat. And he was obviously tired of PB&J! After I picked him up from school, we ran by the store to pick up some steak. It was way too cold to fire up the grill, so I decided to cook the steak hibachi style. And through a little creativity these Hibachi Steak Lettuce Wraps were born. And oh my gosh, are they ever good!
Cooking up the steak in the skillet is a VERY quick process since the steak is sliced into bite sized pieces. I love this recipe not just because it's quick, but because it uses very simple ingredients; lettuce, steak, butter, and soy sauce are the base of this recipe.
I beefed up the ingredients by making some rice as well, which is optional! On the steak lettuce wraps, I layered cooked wild rice, hot steak from the skillet, and topped it with green onion and a bit of yum yum sauce! Absolutely delish!
This Hibachi Steak Lettuce Wrap recipe is one that saves very well for leftovers. I had a bit of steak and rice left, so I mixed them together and packed them for my lunch the next day! It reheated beautifully and gave me an easy, healthy lunch.
I should note that for the yum yum sauce, I had some pre-made sauce from a local restaurant.
Yum yum sauce is pretty easy to find in grocery stores or Amazon these days. If you prefer, you can make it in less than 5 minutes using this recipe.
If you love these easy steak lettuce wraps, I think you'll also love this Asian Chicken Rice Bowl , this Easy Turkey Shepherd's Pie and my favorite Avocado Toast with Fried Egg.
Hibachi Steak Lettuce Wraps
These Hibachi Steak Lettuce Wraps are a quick and easy dinner when you’re pinched for time! Quick cooked steak, rice and yum yum sauce are wrapped in lettuce leaves.
- 16 ounces sirloin steak, cut into bite sized pieces
- ⅛ teaspoon salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 box Uncle Ben’s® Long Grain & Wild Rice, Fast Cook Recipe
- 5 tablespoon yum yum sauce (see notes)
- lettuce leaves, for wraps
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- In large skillet, heat oil on medium high until it just begins to smoke.
- Season steak pieces with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add to hot skillet. Allow to sear for 1 to 1.5 minutes, or until the side is lightly caramelized, then flip each piece and sear for another 1 to 1.5 minutes.
- Add butter and soy sauce, saute for up to a minute until the butter is melted. This should get the steak to about medium rare (using 1 minute on each side) or medium well (using 1.5 minutes on each side).
- In each lettuce leaf, layer rice, steak and yum yum sauce. Serve while steak is still hot.
- Yum Yum sauce is a creamy mayonnaise based sauce served at Japanese steakhouses. I typically keep a bottle of it in my refrigerator, because we use it a lot. You can also make it on your own in about 5 minutes by following this yummy recipe: http://pinchofyum.com/yum-yum-sauce. Or, try a sriracha aioli which is fairly easy to find these days in the condiment aisle.
- A squeeze of lemon juice over the beef is delicious, too.
- You can saute mushrooms before the steak using the same ingredients and technique to make this a complete meal!
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 3
Amount Per Serving Calories 638Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 160mgSodium 772mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 47g
If you love these Hibachi Steak Lettuce Wraps, I think you'll also love these Sweet Chili Shrimp Tacos!
Marinated Beef Kabobs + Awesome Beef Marinade Recipe
Wednesday 3rd of March 2021
[…] Hibachi Steak Lettuce Wraps […]
70+ Delicious Keto Asian Recipes • Oh Snap! Let's Eat!
Sunday 15th of March 2020
[…] Hibachi Steak Lettuce Wraps […]
Monday 10th of February 2020
Can you buy yum yum sauce?
Tuesday 11th of February 2020
Yes ma'am! I'm typically able to find it in the Asian section, you can also check by the steak sauce. It should be $4-5 per bottle. If you're unable to find it, you can also order from Amazon, but it's definitely an upcharge! The kind I use is here: https://amzn.to/37k6cJY
25 Low Carb Lettuce Wrap Recipes | Peace Love and Low Carb
Thursday 3rd of August 2017
[…] Hibachi Steak Lettuce Wraps | Blackberry Babe […]
Thursday 27th of July 2017
These were so easy and delicious! Thanks for the recipe. 😊