Sriracha Chicken with Mango Avocado Salsa is a healthy grilled chicken dish with a sweet and savory glaze, topped with an easy mango and avocado salsa.
The weather here in Kansas City is FANTASTIC and we've been grilling up a storm the past few weeks. I recently starting my third cycle of the 21 Day Fix, which is a clean eating and workout program.
I've loved it so far, but still struggle a bit with healthy dinners that fit within the plan and are satiating for my husband and son.
Having grilling weather has made that a bit easier, because grilled protein just tastes better, you know? Chicken breast is not my favorite protein, but I love it when it's grilled.
Plus, my husband loves anything with sriracha, so adding the sweet and spicy honey sriracha glaze to the chicken helped this Sriracha Chicken with Mango Avocado Salsa be satisfying for him while still fitting within my 21 Day Fix plan.
If you'd like a spicy option for this chicken recipe, try my Tropical Mango Habanero Salsa!
This sriracha glazed chicken is quite spicy, although the honey and lime mellow out the glaze.
If you are nervous about the spice level, add a bit more honey or lime juice, and less sriracha. You really can't go wrong with this flavor combo!
It's pretty obvious that we love and use sriracha a lot in this house, because I use it in recipes here on Blackberry Babe all of the time!
If you're a sriracha lover too, give these Sriracha Peach Shrimp Skewers a try, or this Sriracha Lime Red Snapper. Both are tried and true recipes here at Blackberry Babe that consistently get rave reviews!
If you're also on the 21 Day Fix, check out this Fix friendly recipe, Greek Pasta Salad, it's absolutely loaded with veggies and healthy whole grains!
You will need Sriracha for this recipe. You can add it to your Amazon cart here!
- 12 ounces fresh chicken breast (about three small breasts)
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- pinch of garlic powder
- 2 cups mango, diced
- 1 cup avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoon red onion, finely diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, add sriracha, lime juice, honey and garlic powder. Whisk to combine, set aside.
- Pat chicken breast dry with a paper towel and place on oiled grill grates over high heat for 3-4 minutes each side. Before turning, baste with sriracha glaze. When the breasts reach 160F, remove from grill and allow to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine mango, avocado, lime juice, onion (optional) and salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Stir well and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve chicken breasts topped with salsa, drizzle any remaining glaze over the top.
21 Day Fix Container Equivalents
- 1 red container (protein)
- ½ purple container (fruits)
- 1 blue container (healthy fat)
- 1 grey teaspoon
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 3
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 396Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 603mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 6gSugar: 25gProtein: 38g
The nutrition for this recipe is calculated by an app, and may be incorrect.