Easy Lobster Tacos
Easy Lobster Tacos are stuffed with succulent lobster tail meat, fresh lime slaw and a creamy spicy sauce! A fun way to enjoy lobster meat!
We visit relatives in Mexico a few times a year. And when we’re there, we take advantage of the local cuisine! Since our relatives live in a coastal town, that means that we eat a ton of seafood when we visit. It’s pretty common to find lobster on the menu, and to see people pulling up lobster traps full of live lobster while you’re eating! I love to order lobster tacos for lunch, and full fresh lobster for dinner when I can!
I put together these Easy Lobster Tacos one day while I was missing Mexico! When in Mexico, lobster tacos are usually served in a traditional style, with cilantro, chopped onion and perhaps a fresh salsa. I love lobster tacos served in that style, but wanted to spice it up a little bit!
This Lobster Taco recipe is a little different. The lobster meat is quickly broiled then cut into bite-sized pieces and stuffed into the tortilla shells.
I topped these easy lobster tacos with a fresh lime coleslaw and a simple spicy sour cream sauce, and it is an amazing flavor combination!
- 4 4-ounce lobster tails
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
- 8 small tortillas
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- juice of 1 lime
- Set your oven to broil.
- Using a kitchen scissors, cut through the top of the lobster shell lengthwise all the way to the tail. You should cut through the meat as well.
- Brush olive oil on the lobster meat and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on baking tray and broil for 5-10 minutes (I typically plan on 6-7 minutes for the tails that I buy), until the meat is opaque.
- Remove the tails from the oven and allow them to cool slightly until they are cool enough to touch. Remove meat from shells and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare Cilantro Lime Cole Slaw.
- In a small bowl, add sour cream, mayo, taco seasoning and lime juice and whisk until well combined.
- Layer tortillas, lobster meat, slaw and sour cream sauce. Great hot or cold!
If you love these easy lobster tacos, I think you’ll also enjoy: