Last Updated on
This Butter Poached Lobster Tail recipe is a decadent, fun cooking method that produces perfectly tender lobster every time!
This post is sponsored by Hiland Dairy but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 lb Hiland Dairy Salted Butter
- 4 lobster tails
- To a large pot, add water and heat over medium until it begins to simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and slowly add butter, whisking continuously. Do not allow to come to a boil as it will.
- Shuck the lobster tails by cutting up the middle of the inside with a kitchen scissors, and then gently prying the meat from the shell with your fingers. This is slow work, so allow for enough time (and patience) to get it done without compromising the lobster meat.
- Thread a wooden or metal skewer through the lobster tail meat to keep it from curling while cooking. If your wooden skewer is too long, you can shorten it by breaking or cutting it to the right size.
- Add the lobster tails to the butter bath and cook over low, continuously spooning butter over the top of the tails.. Cook for 3 minutes on each side, then remove from the pot.
- Remove from the pot and remove the skewers before serving.