Last Updated on
Cranberry Pecan Brussels Sprouts Salad: Raw brussels sprouts leaves dressed with pecans, cranberries, feta, bacon and a light cranberry vinaigrette!
It’s been just over two months since I left my long-time job to blog full time. It’s probably been the best two months of my adult life! One unexpected consequence of this change is that I am eating a lot healthier! I’m not sure why. It could be that my stress levels are lower, so I’m not craving unhealthy food! Or, that I have more time to prep fruits and vegetables. Maybe both? Either way, I’m happy about the change, and as a result, am making more recipes like this Cranberry Pecan Brussels Sprouts Salad!
I was inspired to make this raw brussels sprouts salad after craving a salad I used to order often from a restaurant near my old office. It was HUGE! It had shaved brussels sprouts, some type of dried fruit and nuts that rotated seasonally, goat cheese, and a super light, acidic vinaigrette. I would have it delivered via Grubhub and then eat it for lunch for 2-3 days!
I made my own version of this salad and it hit the spot! I love roasted and pan fried brussels sprouts, but I really think they are at their best when they’re raw! I cut the sprouts along the bottom root to separate the leaves. You could also shave them, if that’s your preference.
At home, I try to use what I have in the refrigerator and pantry before buying more. Luckily, this Cranberry Pecan Brussels Sprouts Salad is super flexible!
Ingredient Substitution Suggestions:
- Dried cranberries: Dried cherries or raisins
- Pecans: Walnuts, cashews or pepitas
- Feta cheese: Goat cheese (love!), blue cheese or gorgonzola cheese
- Bacon: Chopped prosciutto or ham
- Dressing: Substitute lemon, lime or any acidic fruit juice for the recommended pomegranate or cranberry juice
If you love this Cranberry Pecan Brussels Sprouts Salad, I know you’ll also enjoy these recipes:
- Broccoli Cranberry Salad with Apples, Bacon and Walnuts
- Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- Kale Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apples and Bacon
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Balsamic Vinegar
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon (Keto Salad)