Instant Pot Green Beans are green bean perfection! Made with fresh green beans, onions, garlic and bacon, you'll never want to make them a different way again!
Guys, I am so ready for fall! Fall and the holidays are my favorite times to blog, when I can share recipes that are meant for gatherings. Football watch parties, tailgates, Thanksgiving and Christmas provide excuses to get together and cook amazing food. These Instant Pot Green Beans are perfect for big gatherings where your stove top is cluttered with other pots! Just pop them in the Instant Pot with onions, garlic and bacon, and they're ready in an instant!
I call this recipe "Grandma Beans" in my house. My grandma always made the most fantastic green beans using fresh green beans from her garden. She would simmer them for hours with onion and bacon. They would take on so much flavor! These Instant Pot Green Beans taste just like the green beans I remember eating at her house as a kid.
I love using my Instant Pot when I'm cooking a huge meal, like Thanksgiving dinner! Using the Instant Pot opens up a burner and allows you to make a side dish on the countertop. Heck, you could even make these green beans in another room, if your countertops are full!
Love your Instant Pot? Try these other Instant Pot recipes!
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce
- Instant Pot Greek Yogurt
- 20 Incredible Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 pound fresh green beans, washed and ends cut off
- ¼ pound bacon, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock/broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Add bacon, onion, and garlic to the pressure cooker. Saute for 5 minutes, while occasionally stirring.
- Add remaining ingredients. Close the lid and set the pressure valve to sealing.
- Set for a high-pressure cooking time of 15 minutes.
- Do a quick release at the end of the cooking time, removing the lid when the pressure has completely gone down.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: ½ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 671mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 11g