This Instant Pot Barbecue Pulled Chicken is ready in about 20 minutes! Use this shredded barbecue chicken for BBQ chicken tacos or BBQ chicken sandwiches.
One of the best about the Instant Pot is the ability to cook a large amount of protein very quickly! This Instant Pot Barbecue Pulled Chicken is a super quick way to cook protein for a crowd, and is SO versatile.
I used a variety of seasonings for this Instant Pot Barbecue Pulled Chicken recipe, but please know that if you have a pre-made barbecue rub that you already love, you can certainly use it! I have included notes in the recipe below.
You can use this Barbecue Pulled Chicken in so many ways! Here are a few of my favorite uses:
- BBQ Pulled Chicken Tacos: In BBQ Chicken Tacos with BBQ sauce and coleslaw.
- BBQ Chicken Mac and Cheese: On top of a bowl of mac and cheese with a drizzle of BBQ sauce.
- BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches: Piled high on a bun with BBQ sauce.
- BBQ Chicken Pizza: On pizza with BBQ sauce, cheddar cheese and veggies!
- Meal prep: Package with steamed broccoli and rice for a healthy lunch!
Since you are using the pressure cooker option for this recipe, and choosing boneless/skinless protein, remember to reserve at least one cup of the cooking liquid to add back into the cooked chicken after pulling. This will keep it from drying out!
I hope that you enjoy this BBQ pulled chicken! Make sure to leave me a comment with how it turned out, and your favorite way to use the chicken.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup reduced sodium broth, vegetable or chicken
- In a large mixing bowl, add chicken and spices. Mix well to coat the chicken.
- Add broth to Instant Pot and then place the chicken into the liquid.
- Cover and seal your pot. Select Pressure Cook/Manual on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Cook and allow to release naturally.
- Carefully remove chicken into a bowl and shred with forks.
- Mix up to one cup of the liquid in the Instant Pot into the chicken to keep it moist.
- Serve with your favorite barbecue sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 506mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 29g
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- Instant Pot Goulash
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Green Beans
- Incredible Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce
- Instant Pot Greek Yogurt