Last Updated on
These Pumpkin Banana Muffins incorporates pumpkin and pumpkin spice to lend fall flavor to a classic!
Guys, I am ready for fall weather and fall flavors! It’s been a very hot summer here in Kansas City. I love to grill and eat fresh summer produce, but it’s time for cooler weather and small flavors! Last week, I threw together these Pumpkin Banana Muffins, and they made the house smell SO good. You know when the whole house is cozy and smells like fall? Heaven!
I love these muffins because they heavily incorporate overripe mashed bananas and pumpkin puree. Anytime you can get some fruit and veggies in your muffin, it’s a big win! These Pumpkin Banana Muffins aren’t overly sweet, but rich in flavor and spice from the pumpkin spice blend.
My son absolutely likes to help me bake and LOVES to eat homemade muffins and breads, so I always try to have them on hand for a quick breakfast or to put in his lunchbox.
- 1 ½ cups of all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice
- 2 large ripe bananas, ripe
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 6 tablespoons of salted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl whisk dry ingredients together and set to the side.
- In a large bowl, blend bananas, pumpkin, and butter together. Add vanilla, brown sugar, egg, and milk. Mix well with a hand blender.
- Gently pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients bowl. Mix with hand blender. DO NOT OVER MIX. Once mixed, add in walnuts (optional) and gently fold it in.
- For jumbo muffins, grease muffin tins and divide evenly over 6 muffin tins.
- For cupcake sized muffins, grease or add liners into cupcake tin. Divide evenly over 10-12 cupcake openings.
- Bake at 425 for five minutes, then lower temperature to 350 degrees for 16-18 minutes for jumbo muffins and 13-14 minutes for cupcake sized muffins.
- Remove from heat and allow muffins to cool.