These Pumpkin Banana Muffins incorporate pumpkin and pumpkin spice into banana bread. They are moist and SO flavorful. You family will LOVE eating these muffins!
Guys, I am ready for fall weather and fall flavors! It's been a very hot summer here in Kansas City. I love to grill and eat fresh summer produce, but it's time for cooler weather and small flavors! Last week, I threw together these Pumpkin Banana Muffins, and they made the house smell SO good. You know when the whole house is cozy and smells like fall? Heaven!
"This is my 2nd time baking these. I made it in a loaf pan the 1st time, these are very moist making it difficult to cut into slices when making in a loaf pan. I ended up purchasing a jumbo muffin pan just to bake these. These are moist and so yummy and very easy to bake!! I highly recommend! 😋"- Shirley on Pinterest
I love these muffins because they heavily incorporate overripe mashed bananas and pumpkin puree. Anytime you can get some fruit and veggies in your muffin, it's a big win! These Pumpkin Banana Muffins aren't overly sweet, but rich in flavor and spice from the pumpkin spice blend.
My son absolutely likes to help me bake and LOVES to eat homemade muffins and breads, so I always try to have them on hand for a quick breakfast or to put in his lunchbox. Honestly, using a muffin tin is my preference, because they're easy for his little hands to eat and grab!
WARNING: These is a very moist recipe, so it will not easily convert to a loaf pan. You are probably best to stick to muffins or mini loaves!
If you love these Pumpkin Banana Muffins, I know you'll like my favorite Coffee Cake Muffins and this Cinnamon Pecan Breakfast Bundt Cake!
I hope that you enjoy these Pumpkin Banana Muffins! I would love to hear your feedback in the comments, below.
Pumpkin Banana Muffins
These Pumpkin Banana Muffins incorporate mashed banana, canned pumpkin and pumpkin spice for a wonderful fall twist on a classic!
- 1 ½ cups of all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice
- 2 large ripe bananas, ripe
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 6 tablespoons of salted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl whisk dry ingredients together and set to the side.
- In a large bowl, blend bananas, pumpkin, and butter together. Add vanilla, brown sugar, egg, and milk. Mix well with a hand blender.
- Gently pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients bowl. Mix with hand blender. DO NOT OVER MIX. Once mixed, add in walnuts (optional) and gently fold it in.
- For jumbo muffins, grease muffin tins and divide evenly over 6 muffin tins.
- For cupcake sized muffins, grease or add liners into cupcake tin. Divide evenly over 10-12 cupcake openings.
- Bake at 425 for five minutes, then lower temperature to 350 degrees for 16-18 minutes for jumbo muffins and 13-14 minutes for cupcake sized muffins.
- Remove from heat and allow muffins to cool.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 245Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 31mgSodium 291mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 2gSugar 13gProtein 4g
Pumpkin Fluff Dip - Easy 5 Ingredient Dip Recipe for Fall!
Thursday 2nd of December 2021
[…] you're looking for more pumpkin recipes, you can try these simple Pumpkin Banana Muffins,or this gooey Pumpkin Cream Cheese […]
Coffee Cake Muffins - Blackberry Babe
Tuesday 24th of September 2019
[…] If you love these Coffee Cake Muffins, I think you will also enjoy my Pumpkin Banana Muffins! […]
20 Christmas Breakfast Recipe Ideas - Thoughts Above
Wednesday 11th of September 2019
[…] Recipe Source: Blackberry Babe […]
Saturday 17th of August 2019
These muffins are exactly what I need for breakfast! They look fabulous!
Erin | Dinners,Dishes and Dessert
Saturday 17th of August 2019
These are mouth watering! I love these so much!!!