Making strawberry cake donuts at home is a snap with this Baked Strawberry Donuts recipe! Just 5 simple ingredients.
I am a donut FIEND. Delicious donuts like these Baked Strawberry Donuts have always been a weak spot for me!
This started early in life! My Dad, who was a very hardworking and busy guy, would take me to Dunkin Donuts as a treat a few times a year. Just me, him, and Dunkin's amazing donuts! I ALWAYS picked Strawberry donuts, because they're my favorite.
I've carried on the donut love with my son. Before he started Kindergarten, we'd have weekly donut dates before I dropped him off at preschool. And who am I kidding, we BOTH loved it!
Although we can't go sit down and have our donut dates right now, that doesn't stop me from making donuts at home!
These Baked Strawberry Donuts are so easy to make, it will shock you! The strawberry cake donuts themselves only have five ingredients. I included fresh strawberries, which makes the flavor super FRESH!
Baking donuts is an easy way to reduce their fat content, since they are typically fried. But don't be mistaken, no donut qualifies as health food! Despite that, I think it does the soul good to eat cake for breakfast every now and then.
If you don't feel like making icing, just sprinkle the donuts with a bit of powdered sugar.
But, the icing is really tasty. And, super easy! The icing for these Baked Strawberry Donuts only has three ingredients.
And, don't forget the sprinkles!
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh strawberries - chopped
- Optional: pink/red sprinkles
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, egg, oil and water.
- Stir in chopped strawberries until well combined.
- Spoon batter into donut pan (approximately ⅓ full in each cavity). Do not overfill the donut cavities.
- Bake for approximately 13-14 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before applying glaze.
- To create the glaze: whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla and milk until you have a creamy texture.
- Dip the donuts into the glaze and top with sprinkles.
If you love this recipe, I think you'll also enjoy these creative cake mix recipes: