Baked Strawberry Donuts (Easy Recipe with Cake Mix!)
Making Strawberry Cake Donuts at home is a snap with this Baked Strawberry Donuts recipe! Just 5 simple ingredients.
I am a donut FIELD. Delicious donuts like these Baked Strawberry Donuts have always been a weak spot for me!
This started early in life! My Dad, who was a very hardworking and busy guy, would take me to Dunkin Donuts as a treat a few times a year. Just me, him and Dunkin’s amazing donuts!
I always picked strawberry donuts, because they’re my favorite.
I’ve carried on the donut love with my son. Before he started Kindergarten, we’d have weekly donut dates before I dropped him off at preschool. And who am I kidding, we BOTH loved it!
Although we can’t go sit down and have our donut dates right now, that doesn’t stop me from making donuts at home!
These Baked Strawberry Donuts are so easy to make, it will shock you!
The strawberry cake donuts themselves, only have five ingredients. I included fresh strawberries, which makes the flavor super FRESH!
Baking donuts is an easy way to reduce their fat content, since they are typically fried. But don’t be mistaken, no donut qualifies as health food!
Despite that, I think that it does the soul good to eat cake for breakfast every now and then.
If you don’t feel like making icing, just sprinkle the donuts with a bit of powdered sugar.
But, the icing is really tasty. And, super easy! The icing for these Baked Strawberry Donuts only has three ingredients.
And, don’t forget the sprinkles!
PS- It can be a little messy to get the batter into the donut pan. You can pipe it using these piping bags to make it super easy!
For the batter:
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
For the glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pink/red sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, egg, oil and water.
- Then, gently fold in chopped strawberries until well combined.
- Spoon batter into donut pan (approximately ⅓ full in each cavity). Do not overfill the donut cavities. You can also use a piping bag to fill the cavities with less mess!
- Bake for approximately 13-14 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before applying glaze.
- To create the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla and milk until you have a creamy texture.
- Dip the donuts into the glaze and top with sprinkles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 18 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 116Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 16mgSodium 23mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 0gSugar 16gProtein 1g
The nutrition for this recipe is calculated by an app, and may be incorrect.
If you love this recipe, I think you’ll also enjoy these creative cake mix recipes on Blackberry Babe: