This post is sponsored by Campbell’s®, but all opinions are my own.
It’s been chilly here in Kansas City, which means its pot pie season! I love to make pot pies, but I typically deviate from the standard recipes to keep it interesting! This Marsala Mushroom and Beef Pot Pie is rich and comforting, the perfect warm dinner for a winter evening at home.
This Beef Pot Pie is packed with vegetables, onions, carrots, peas and mushrooms! And, it’s served in the most delicious mushroom gravy. But, as delicious as this pot pie is, your work on the stove will take less than 20 minutes. Your oven will do the rest!
To make this Marsala Mushroom and Beef Pot Pie easy to assemble, I used a few shortcuts:
- I used a frozen vegetable mix for the filling.
- I used pre-made pie crust for the topping. I did not do a double crust for this recipe, but you are welcome to line your casserole dish with pie crust as well. Just purchase two crusts!
- I made my gravy for the filling using my special secret ingredient: Campbell’s® Beefy Mushroom Soup! If you’re unable to find Beefy Mushroom Soup, Golden Mushroom Soup is delicious as well.
Having Campbell’s® Soups in your pantry is a smart move for easy home cooking! The soups make your skillet and crock pot creations delicious. I love using them in soups, pot pies, roasts, and shepherd’s pie!
I serve this Marsala Mushroom and Beef Pot Pie with a simply dressed green salad and crusty French bread. It’s a cozy meal that your entire family will enjoy!
- 1 pound beef, cubed to bite sized pieces (sirloin steak, stew meat, roast)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ¾ cup peas and carrots, diced, frozen
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup Marsala cooking wine
- 1 can (10.5 oz) Campbell’s® Beefy Mushroom Soup
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 pie crust, thawed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare beef by patting dry with a paper towel, then sprinkling with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, sauté beef for 7-8 minutes, until golden brown crust begins to form.
- Remove beef from the skillet to drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Wipe out the skillet and add oil. Heat on medium-high heat.
- Add onions to the skillet, sauté for one minute.
- Add frozen carrots and peas, and mushrooms to the skillet. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, until mushrooms begin to soften and become fragrant.
- Add Marsala cooking wine to the skillet. Sauté for 1 minute, allowing the wine to reduce slightly with the vegetables.
- Add the cooked beef, Campbell’s® Beefy Mushroom Soup, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the skillet. Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring to combine the ingredients. Taste, and adjust seasoning to your preference.
- Add the beef and mushroom filling to a deep-dish pie pan or 8x8 casserole dish. Top with pie crust, trimming any excess crust before baking.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. The inside of the pot pie will be piping hot!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 452Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 702mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 24g