Easy Wedding Cake Cookies
These Easy Wedding Cake Cookies are made with white cake mix! Additional flavor is added to give that perfect “wedding cake” flavor.
Is there anything better than wedding cake? I’m not really sure there is. I’m a certified chocoholic, but given the choice between chocolate cake and traditional white wedding cake, I’ll choose the wedding cake every time.
About a month ago, I posted a recipe for my Grandma’s Polka Dot cookies. They are so very simple, using a cake mix and just a few ingredients. Everyone loved them, so I began experimenting with other variations of this very simple recipe.
The result? Incredibly delicious, soft and flavorful wedding cake flavored cookies.
If you’re anything like me, the summer is full of wedding and baby showers! This is both a blessing and a curse. I love catching up with friends and family, but after the 10th one, it gets a little tedious.
These cookies would be oh-so-perfect for an upcoming wedding shower, and they are so simple they won’t feel like a burden to prepare. Plus, you get to sneak a few before you get to the shower! Bonus!
Using white cake mix as a base, oil, eggs and a few flavorings, these cookies are to do for! I brought them to our mother’s day celebration and my sister had an eyes closed, “Oh my GOD” moment when she bit into one!
I hope that your summer is full of fun weddings, wedding showers and plenty of wedding cake! These cookies will give you a taste of wedding cake year round, and in less than 30 minutes! If you love these wedding cake cookies, I think you’ll also enjoy:
- Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- Easy Caramel Apple Dump Cake
- Blackberry Dump Cake
- 15 Incredibly Creative Ways to Use Cake Mix
- Chocolate Polka Dot Cookies
- Strawberry Lemonade Cookies
- Secret Ingredient Chocolate Cherry Cake Bites
For the cookie base:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For the decoration:
- 1 cup white sanding sugar or plain white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all ingredients for cookies in large mixing bowl. Beat for about one minute, or until dough is thick and well combined.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop the batter out of the bowl. Use your hands to form a ball, and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool on cooling rack or waxed paper.
For the frosting
- Combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla in a small bowl. Mix with fork or whisk until creamy.
- Use a butter knife to spread frosting on cooled cookies.
- Pour sanding sugar or plain sugar in small bowl. Dunk cookies in, frosting side down, rotating so that the sugar covers all of the frosted areas.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 103Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 25mgSodium 47mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 0gSugar 14gProtein 1g
The nutrition for this recipe is calculated by an app and may be incorrect.