This Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin is ready to grill in minutes and glazed to perfection with an easy bourbon barbecue glaze.
You guys, it’s grilling season! For the last few weeks, we’ve had gorgeous Spring weather here in Kansas City, and we’ve been firing up the grill. And, you know what that means? Since Easter is a bit late this year, we have the option to grill Easter dinner! If you aren’t making a traditional ham, I would highly recommend making this impressive, delicious, inexpensive Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin! It’s grilled and ready to eat in about 18 minutes and coated in the most delicious Bourbon Barbecue Glaze!
"I made this last night and it was a big hit! I didn't have bourbon so used brandy... my tenderloin was also over 3lbs so I seared it on both sides on high then turned the heat down and checked it with a thermometer. Very tender and juicy! I will be making this again!"- Amy, Blog Comment
To make this Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin, you just need a few things! It’s a very simple recipe. I prefer to use Burgers’ Smokehouse Bacon anytime I am using bacon to wrap meat. Why? Because Burgers’ Bacon is thick cut and has no fillers, meaning that it barely shrinks as it cooks! You want to make sure to maintain the perfect bacon to tenderloin ratio, and Burgers’ bacon is a sure bet.
When wrapping the pork tenderloin, cut 4 pieces of bacon in half, and 4 pieces of bacon into ¾ lengths. Position the tenderloin to where the small tips are wrapped by the halves, and the middle section is wrapped by the larger bacon sections.
When we made this recipe, my husband told me there’s just something magical about the combination of the crispy bacon and the sweet and savory glaze on this Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin. It closely resembles candied bacon, with a bit of a kick! It would be the perfect, warm-weather, late Easter entrée for your crew!
If you’re in the Greater Midwest (especially Kansas City & Central Missouri) area, you’re in luck! Burgers’ Bacon is carried in most stores, including Hyvees, Price Choppers and more. Click here to find it at a store near you!
- 1 16-18 ounce pork tenderloin
- ½ pound Burgers’ Hickory or Applewood Smoked Bacon
- For the glaze:
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- A dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1-ounce bourbon
- Oil the grill grates and heat grill to high heat.
- Pat the pork tenderloin dry, and season with salt and pepper.
- Using 8 pieces of bacon (cut in half and ¾ as describe above), wrap the pork tenderloin and secure the bacon with toothpicks.
- Place the pork tenderloin on the grill. Grill over high heat for 6 minutes, then flip, and grill for another 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for the glaze in a small saucepan, and allow for simmer for a minimum of 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Apply the glaze and cook tenderloin for another 3 minutes on each side, continuously basting with the glaze.