You only need a few simple ingredients to make these delicious Grilled Honey Bourbon Chicken Skewers!
You all know I'm a Kansas City girl. I wasn't born here, but I've spent most of my adult life in this city. It's love. I love the people, the culture, the good vibes. And of COURSE I love the barbecue.
Everyone debates which city is the barbecue capital, but I need no other proof that Kansas City is king of barbecue than the fact that the World Series of Barbecue (yes, that's a thing!) is held here every year.
Tips for Perfect Grilled Chicken Skewers
I like to cover the grill while cooking chicken to keep it moist but remember to open the vents in your grilling lid so that the fire stays hot!
Remember that when you grill skewers either choose metal skewers or soak your wood skewers in water for at least 30 minutes prior to putting them on the grill. This will keep the grill from burning the wood and keep your skewer intact.
I hope that you enjoy these Honey Bourbon Grilled Chicken Skewers! Let me know how you're grilling it up, Kansas City style, this summer!
If you love these grilled chicken skewers, I think you'll also enjoy:
- Buffalo Pig Wings
- Perfect Smoked Chicken Rub
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Shrimp Kabobs: Spicy, Sweet Shrimp Skewer Recipe!
- 2 pounds chicken breast, diced into 1-inch cubes, fat trimmed
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup bourbon
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a gallon-sized plastic bag, add all ingredients including chicken.
- Close the bag, removing enclosed air. Massage marinade into the chicken.
- Place chicken in refrigerator to marinade for a minimum of 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- Prepare the grill for medium-high heat grilling.
- Thread chicken pieces onto skewers and grill over high heat for about 15 minutes. Rotate skewers every 3-4 minutes. Cover the grill when cooking, but remember to leave lid vents open to allow air in. This will keep the fire nice and hot.
- Serve with your favorite barbecue sauce.
- Gallon sized plastic bag (for marinade)
- Metal or wood skewers
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 735mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 23gProtein: 48g
The nutrition for this recipe is calculated by an app, and may be incorrect.