Apple Gorgonzola Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette
This Apple Gorgonzola Salad recipe combines mixed greens, green apples, gorgonzola cheese and candied pecans with a wonderful champagne vinaigrette!
If you’re a native Kansas Citian, you’ve probably enjoyed a salad at The Mixx! I love their salads, and this is a copycat recipe of their amazing “Garden of Eden” salad, which is my favorite salad!
This apple gorgonzola recipe combines chopped or sliced apples with dried cranberries, crumbled gorgonzola cheese, mixed greens and candied pecans. The flavor combination in this simple salad recipe is out of this world.
For the dressing, I used champagne vinegar. If you don’t have it, there are several substitutions which I have listed below. I rounded out the dressing with olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. It’s so simple to make!
Looking for another amazing salad recipe? I love this Easy Cranberry Harvest Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette!
The best recipe is one that uses the ingredients you already have on hand at home! Below, I have a few possible suggestions for ingredient substitutions:
- For the champagne vinegar, substitute red wine vinegar, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar. You can also use white balsamic vinegar, which I think is the closest in flavor!
- Instead of the gorgonzola cheese, use parmesan cheese, blue cheese, fresh mozzarella or goat cheese.
- Instead of the granny smith apples, use any other variety of fresh apples or pears!
- For the dried cranberries, use any variety of dried fruit.
- Substitute spiced walnuts for the pecans.
- Substitute white sugar for the honey.
- Instead of the mixed lettuce greens, use spinach, fresh romaine lettuce, or butter lettuce!
This is a versatile recipe and there are several ingredients you can add to make it your own!
- Add red onions for extra tang and crunch.
- Add fresh chopped herbs. Fresh basil or thyme are great options!
- Add diced Roma tomatoes
Or, serve it as a festive side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner! The colors in this salad are beautiful for the holiday season.
If you think you’ll have leftovers, I recommend not dressing the salad. You can store the salad ingredients in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, and the dressing on the countertop in a sealed jar at room temperature.
FOR THE SALAD:
- 6 ounces mixed baby greens or spring mix
- ½ cup Easy Candied Pecans
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2.5 ounces gorgonzola cheese
- 1 granny smith apple, diced
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 4 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl or mason jar, add dressing ingredients and shake or whisk to combine.
- Pour dressing over the salad, mix well to combine. Serve immediately.
- Sub feta, bleu or crumbled goat cheese if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 4
Amount Per Serving Calories 363Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 13mgSodium 510mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 4gSugar 29gProtein 6g
The nutrition for this recipe is calculated by an app and may be incorrect.