Easy Mango Habanero Salsa
This easy Homemade Mango Habanero Salsa is the perfect snack or topping for fish tacos! This flavorful salsa is full of fresh ingredients like sweet mango and peppers.
In this chunky Mango Habanero Salsa recipe, we combine sweet fresh mangoes with jalapeño peppers and habanero chilies. The hot peppers are the perfect foil for the sweet flavor of the mangos!
This salsa is more of a pico de gallo, since the ingredients are cut into small pieces. You can absolutely use a food processor to blend the ingredients and make a smoother, more traditional salsa, or just pulse the food processor a few times to make a chunky salsa.
Mango Salsa Recipe Tips
- Habaneros are HOT! Wear gloves while handling them or wash your hands immediately afterwards.
- To make a Roasted Mango Habanero Salsa recipe, first roast large slices of mango and the peppers on a sheet pan for 25 minutes, or until caramelized. Then, blend all of the ingredients.
- Add a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce for an extra spicy kick.
- Substitute white onion for red onion
- Substitute jalapeno or serrano pepper for a milder alternative to spicy habanero peppers
- Substitute sweet snacking peppers or yellow bell peppers for the red bell pepper.
- Substitute other tropical fruits for some of the mango. I love pineapple!
- Add 1/2 cup of black beans to the recipe
- Substitute lemon juice for lime juice in a pinch.
Leftover Salsa Storage:
Store leftover salsa in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
This easy recipe is a GREAT addition to my Baja Baked Fish Tacos!
- 3 ripe yellow mangoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and diced fine
- 2 limes, fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- In a large bowl, combine the ripe mangos, diced onion, cilantro, red pepper, jalapeno pepper, habanero pepper, lime juice, salt and cumin.
- Toss gently to combine. Cover, and allow to rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. Stir again before serving.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips or over your grilled fish or chicken.
Be sure to wash your hands after handling the habanero peppers.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 72Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 108mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 2gSugar 15gProtein 1g
The nutrition for this recipe is calculated by an app, and may be incorrect.