Make this Creamy Mushroom and Steak Pasta for a comforting, weeknight meal your entire family will enjoy!
This post is sponsored by Campbell’s, but all opinions are my own.
We’ve been stuck inside with snowy weather and extreme cold, and making a LOT of comfort food lately! I had a small amount of sirloin steak left in the fridge, and my husband said he would LOVE some comforting pasta. That’s how this Creamy Mushroom and Steak Pasta was born!
This steak pasta recipe is a riff on traditional Stroganoff, but it is MUCH easier! This recipe is made entirely on the stovetop and is ready in about the time it takes to cook your pasta.
While your pasta boils, you will work on creating the quick, yummy Steak and Mushroom sauce by first quickly sauteing the steak! Then, you’ll allow the steak to rest for a few minutes while you use the same pan (don’t wash it) to saute fresh mushrooms and onions.
For the sauce, you’ll use a combination of Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic soup, sour cream and Campbell’s Beef Broth. If you’re unable to find Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic, Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom is delicious as well! Just add a teaspoon of garlic powder to the sauce.
Having Campbell’s Condensed Soups in your pantry is a smart move for easy home cooking! Their soups are made to make your skillet and crock pot creations delicious. I love using them in dishes like this Creamy Steak Pasta, and in soups, pot pies, roasts, and shepherd’s pie.
If you have extra vegetables you’d like to use, dice them and saute along with the onions and mushrooms!
I hope that you enjoy this Creamy Mushroom and Steak Pasta recipe, made delicious with Campbell’s soup!
- ● 10 ounces pasta (I used cavatappi)
- ● 1 pound sirloin steak, cubed to bite sized pieces
- ● 1 tsp vegetable oil
- ● ½ yellow onion, diced
- ● 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- ● 1 10.5 can Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic Soup
- ● 5 ounces Campbell’s Beef Broth
- ● ½ cup sour cream
- ● ½ tsp garlic powder
- ● ½ tsp onion powder
- ● ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ● ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Prepare pasta to al dente according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet, add vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Lightly salt and pepper the steak pieces.
- Add the steak to the hot oil and saute for 2-3 minutes, until browned. \
- Remove steak and allow to drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- To the skillet, add onions and mushrooms. Saute for 3-5 minutes until caramelized and fragrant.
- Add Cream of Mushroom soup, broth, sour cream and spices. Stir briskly to incorporate and heat over low heat until bubbling.
- Return steak to the skillet. Add cooked pasta, stir to coat.
- Serve warm, topped with parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of fresh herbs.