This Blueberry Smoothie Bowl is the perfect start to your morning! Filled with greek yogurt, bananas, and blueberries and so simple to make!
I was never a greek yogurt fan until a few months ago, which probably surprises you since you’re here for this Blueberry Smoothie Bowl recipe! Then, I read about how great it is for you! Less sugar, fewer carbs and more protein than the normal yogurt I’ve lived on for my lifetime.
The problem is, I don’t love the thicker texture or the extra tanginess that comes with it. So, I have to add mix ins. Some honey, a little jam or fresh fruit. Lately, I’ve been trying to eat it for breakfast every morning to get good bacteria in my belly for the day.
One of my new favorite ways to work greek yogurt in every morning are smoothie bowls! This Blueberry Smoothie Bowl is so easy to make, and a beautiful way to start your day!
I use frozen fruit, like bananas and blueberries to get the right texture for these smoothie bowls. If you like your smoothie bowls super thick, just freeze the yogurt beforehand. This makes it the texture of ice cream. Ice cream for breakfast? Sign me up!
Your options are limitless to make an awesome smoothie bowl. Just use the ratios in the smoothie bowl recipe below and substitute any frozen fruit! Top with fresh fruit, nuts, acai, shaved coconut, or even chocolate chips! I think having beautiful, colorful food makes it easier to eat healthy. My son even loves these blueberry smoothie bowls!
- 1 frozen ripe banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Toppings (mix it up!)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 fresh banana, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Combine banana, blueberries, yogurt, and milk in a large blender or food processor.
- Blend/process until smooth.
- Pour into bowl, and top with toppings.
- Serve cold, immediately.
- To make the smoothie bowl thick, more like soft serve ice cream consistency and easier to eat with a spoon, be sure to freeze the yogurt, as well.
- More toppings for your smoothie bowl include almonds, pecans, dried fruit, or other fresh fruits like strawberries, kiwi, cherries, or blackberries.