Last Updated on
This keto salad consists of lightly friend cabbage, carrots, onions and bacon. It pairs perfectly with grilled chicken or steak!
Have you tried the keto diet? I have, and man, does it work! I’ll admit that I had a rough start with it, but after a few days, I settled into fat burning mode (or ketosis) and I felt so great! Keto works for me better than most diets because it’s high protein and I don’t get hungry! Plus, you can eat delicious keto side dishes like this Fried Cabbage with Bacon!
I find myself getting so desperately hungry on most diets. I work out quite a bit, and my body needs my protein! Eating meat, hard cheeses and eggs comes pretty naturally to me. What’s tough is getting in my side dishes!
A lot of higher carb fruits and veggies are restricted on the keto diet. So, it limited the keto side dishes that you can make. And honestly, leaves me with the fruits and veggies that aren’t my favorite. I love my carbs, y’all! That’s why I love this keto salad so much!
It’s Fried Cabbage with Bacon, so what’s not to love? I pair it with a grilled chicken breast or a steak, and have an easy, keto-friendly dinner!
Making this keto Fried Cabbage with Bacon could not be easier! You did have a bit of chopping to do, but you can always save yourself some time but buying pre-chopped cabbage and carrots, and even onions if you can find them!
This keto salad has all of the good stuff; bacon, butter, garlic, onions and Parmesan cheese! Oh yeah, and some veggies.
If you love this keto Fried Cabbage with Bacon, I think you’ll also love my keto friendly Hibachi Steak Lettuce Wraps!
- 2 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 1 garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon of chopped onions
- 1 cup of shredded red cabbage
- 1/3 cup of shredded carrots
- 1⁄2 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium heat, add bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until bacon is cooked. Put bacon to the side.
- Raise heat to medium high, add in butter, onions, and garlic. Saute for 1 minute, then add in
- carrots and cabbage, lower heat if necessary. Cook mixture for 3-4 minutes, stirring often until
- cabbage and carrots become more tender. Turn off heat, add bacon, cheese, salt, and pepper and serve immediately.