Sriracha Glazed Chicken with Mango Avocado Salsa is a healthy grilled chicken dish with a sweet and savory glaze, topped with an easy mango and avocado salsa.
The weather here in Kansas City is FANTASTIC and we’ve been grilling up a storm the past few weeks. I recently starting my third cycle of the 21 Day Fix, which is a clean eating and workout program. I’ve loved it so far, but still struggle a bit with healthy dinners that fit within the plan and are satiating for my husband and son.
Having grilling weather has made that a bit easier, because grilled protein just tastes better, you know? Plus, my husband loves anything with sriracha, so that helped this Sriracha Glazed Chicken with Mango Avocado Salsa be satisfying for him while still fitting within my 21 Day Fix plan.
This sriracha glazed chicken is quite spicy, although the honey and lime mellow out the glaze. If you are nervous about the spice level, add a bit more honey or lime juice, and less sriracha. You really can’t go wrong with this flavor combo!
If you’re also on the 21 Day Fix, check out this Fix friendly recipe, Greek Pasta Salad, it’s absolutely loaded with veggies and healthy whole grains!
- 12 ounces fresh chicken breast (about three small breasts)
- 3 tbsp sriracha
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp honey
- pinch of garlic powder
- 2 cups mango, diced
- 1 cup avocado, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp red onion, finely diced (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, add sriracha, lime juice, honey and garlic powder. Whisk to combine, set aside. Pat chicken breast dry with a paper towel and place on oiled grill grates over high heat for 3-4 minutes each side. Before turning, baste with sriracha glaze. When the breasts reach 160F, remove from grill and allow to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine mango, avocado, lime juice, onion (optional) and salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Stir well and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve chicken breasts topped with salsa, drizzle any remaining glaze over the top.
- 1 red container (protein)
- 1/2 purple container (fruits)
- 1 blue container (healthy fat)
- 1 grey teaspoon