Easy Greek Salad
This simple Greek salad recipe is packed full of fresh ingredients like crispy romaine, cherry tomatoes, red onion slices, and crunchy pepperoncini peppers.
For this recipe, I was inspired by Panera’s Greek salad which is my go-to order at Panera Bread! I love the Mediterranean flavors of their Greek dressing. It’s one of my favorite salads to grab for lunch on-the-go!
I think we can agree that great salad is packed full of crisp, fresh ingredients. In this copycat recipe, we use fresh romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes and red onion.
We then layer on a few more simple ingredients; crunchy pepperoncini peppers, olives and feta cheese. But, the best part of this tasty salad is the yummy vinegar and oil dressing with just a hint of lemon!
I make the tangy vinegar and oil dressing with red wine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, and Mediterranean-inspired spices. Dried, dehydrated oregano is the most important seasoning that we use to make Greek dressing.
I think red wine vinegar is the best for this easy recipe, but feel free to substitute other types of vinegar. You can substitute apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, or white balsamic vinegar.
If you aren’t a fan of kalamata olives, omit them!
What to Serve with Greek Salad:
Wondering what to eat with Greek salad?
I think this classic Greek salad makes an excellent main dish when topped with your favorite protein! For me, that’s grilled chicken or grilled salmon.
Store leftover salad and leftover dressing separately in airtight containers. Salad will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days, and dressing for up to a week!
The next time you need to make a large Greek salad, give this recipe a try!
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup sliced kalamata olives
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 whole pepperoncini peppers
- 1 batch Homemade Greek Vinaigrette
- Prepare your lettuce by rinsing it with water and patting it dry with paper towels, or use a salad spinner to remove excess water.
- Add the lettuce to a large bowl.
- Then, layer the salad ingredients on top of the lettuce.
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk or shake the ingredients for the dressing.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top of the salad, then toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
See above this recipe card for ingredient substitution suggestions.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 198Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 17mgSodium 1233mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 9gSugar 11gProtein 8g
The nutrition for this recipe is calculated by an app and may be incorrect.