Glazed Air Fryer Donuts (made from biscuits)
Learn how to make homemade donuts in the air fryer using this Glazed Air Fryer Donut Recipe! Enjoy these warm donuts with a cup of coffee for the perfect weekend breakfast!
Donuts are my favorite guilty pleasure! My son and I will grab strawberry donuts from our local donut shop as a special treat, and I recently started making them at home!
These Baked Strawberry Donuts are a blog favorite, and when we got our air fryer, we started experimenting with making fluffy donuts in the air fryer!
These doughnuts are easy to make, and save you from the pain of deep frying. But, the donuts still taste a bit like they’re fried without all of the hot oil and mess. The air fryer circulates hot air around the donuts, cooking and crisping them without all of the oil!
You will be cutting small holes out of the center of the biscuit, meaning that you will have excess dough you can use to make Air Fryer Donut Holes! if you choose to do this, roll the cut out dough into balls, and air fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
For these air fryer biscuit donuts, you will need:
- A can of biscuits, buttermilk style preferred.
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
Cinnamon Sugar Donuts: After frying the donut, dip them in melted butter, then roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. If you need to make your own cinnamon sugar coating, use a 4:1 ratio of sugar to cinnamon.
Chocolate Glazed Air Fryer Donuts: Add one tablespoon of cocoa powder to the glaze recipe to make a chocolate glaze for these delicious donuts.
You can also use colored sugar instead of sprinkles.
Store leftover donuts in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
I have tried out a few different air fryers, and I think my favorite all-around model is this large capacity air fryer.
- 1 16-ounce can large refrigerated canned biscuits, buttermilk style preferred
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sprinkles
- spray oil or vegetable oil
- Grease air fryer basket with oil and preheat air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Remove biscuits from can. Separate the biscuits and place into a single layer on parchment paper or a baking sheet.
- Remove the center of each biscuit with biscuit cutter, bottle cap or shot glass to make a small hole. You can save the dough from the hole to make doughnut holes if desired.
- Place donuts into the air fryer basket, leaving space in between. You may need to cook several batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fry for 5 minutes, turning half way through cook time. Remove when golden brown.
- While the donuts are in the air fryer, prepare the vanilla glaze. Combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a shallow small bowl that is wide enough to fit a donut.
- Once donuts are cooked, allow them to cool on wire rack for at least 5 minutes.
- Place donut top side down into glaze to coat, then op with sprinkles. Transfer to wire rack or plate and allow to sit until dry-about 10 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 148Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 2mgSodium 104mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 0gSugar 18gProtein 2g
The nutrition for this recipe is calculated by an app and may be incorrect.
If you love this easy recipe, I think you’ll love these favorite air fryer recipes on Blackberry Babe: