It's easy to make S'mores in the Air Fryer! Gooey air fryer s’mores are a quick treat and just as sticky and delicious as your favorite campfire treat!
I have to be straight up with you. The first time I tried S'mores in the Air Fryer, it was a HOT MESS! The marshmallows AND the graham crackers blew around. I was in the other room and came back to an air fryer basket smeared with melted marshmallow and cracked graham crackers.
I started hollering for my husband to come see what a mess I'd made, and we had a good laugh. Then, I did what food bloggers do: I tried again!
The reality? This is more a "technique" than a recipe. But, I do think it's a great way to make indoor s'mores. The gooey marshmallows get a nice toasty golden color and crusty outside, just like they would with a bonfire. The melty chocolate is perfect, and the graham crackers are extra crisped, which I like!
I have posted quite a few S'mores recipes on this site, because they're my son's favorite dessert! Because of him (and my stubborn perseverance), this Air Fryer S'mores recipe was born!
HOW TO MAKE S'MORES IN THE AIR FRYER
- First, break the graham crackers in half, and lay them in the bottom of the air fryer tray. Make sure there is a bit of space between each graham cracker.
- Next, cut the very bottom off your large marshmallows. Place the sticky side on the graham cracker. This will secure the marshmallow and keep it from blowing off. You can also cut the marshmallows in half long ways, and secure the TWO halves on a graham cracker with the marshmallow's sticky side.
- Air fry the marshmallows until they are golden brown (or burnt, you do you!). My secret? I leave the air fryer drawer just slightly ajar so that it can't seal. This keeps the air fryer from making a windy little vortex to blow the marshmallows around.
- If your marshmallows are still blowing around, add extra weight! I added a second marshmallow half to each graham.
- Place the chocolate on top of the marshmallow, and air fry until the chocolate is melted.
- Top with a second graham cracker, and enjoy!
Because I am extra, I used my kitchen torch to blacken the edges of the marshmallow.
If you like experimenting in the kitchen, a kitchen torch is an affordable way to add extra char to food you've cooked inside. Buy a kitchen torch on Amazon here.
HOW TO MODIFY THIS RECIPE:
As always, this is YOUR recipe, and you are welcome to modify it as you'd like!
- Graham Crackers: Substitute with flavored graham crackers (cinnamon graham crackers, chocolate graham crackers, honey graham crackers), chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies or biscoff cookies. Delicious!
- Marshmallows: You can definitely use mini marshmallows or regular marshmallows if that's what you have on hand! Or, put a smear of marshmallow fluff on the graham cracker!
- Chocolate: Use your favorite chocolate bar! Milk chocolate or dark chocolate squares are fine. Or, you can use a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, Ghiradelli square, your favorite candy bar, or yes, chocolate chips! Fair warning, the chocolate chips are going to get a little messy.
Different air fryer models cook with different intensities, so I always recommend that you keep a close eye on your food while it's air frying.
I use a Ninja Foodi Air Fryer, so all of the cooking time for my air fryer recipes are developed with it. I love this air fryer! You can buy it on Amazon.
- 4 graham crackers, broken in half
- 4 jumbo marshmallows
- 1 milk chocolate bar, divided into 4 pieces
- Place graham cracker squares in air fryer basket, leaving a bit of room between each graham cracker.
- Lop the bottom off each large marshmallow. Top graham cracker with sticky side of marshmallow.
- Air fry at 360 degrees for 5-6 minutes, leaving the air fryer drawer just slightly ajar to prevent the air from flowing intensely.
- Check at least once to make sure the marshmallow is not burning., or flying around. The marshmallow will spread out and start to turn golden brown. You can add a few minutes if you like them a little burned, just check it frequently!
- Add chocolate squares to top of the cooked marshmallows, one piece of chocolate per graham cracker and marshmallow.
- Air fry for an extra 1-2 minutes, until the chocolate starts to melt (but isn't completely melted). It will continue to melt a bit once removed!
- Place a second graham cracker half on top of the marshmallows, and eat! Allow to cool for at least 1 minute before eating so you don't burn your mouth!
If you love this new air fryer recipe, I think you'll also enjoy the other air fryer recipes on my site! You can see the full list below.