Spice up pizza night with some new flavors! This Street Corn Mexican Chicken Flatbread recipe with Elote Sauce is a healthy chicken flatbread recipe. It's an easy recipe for weeknights!
I first made this easy dinner recipe as an attempt at Mexican Chicken Flatbread (or Mexican Chicken Pizza, depending on what base you use!) I used enchilada sauce, juicy chicken and extra items inspired by delicious street corn, or elote!
"Your Chicken flatbread was delicious, made me want s'more !!"Phil E., blog comment
This recipe is topped with corn, cilantro, queso fresco and a homemade "elote sauce" that's packed with chile-lime flavor.
And trust me, this combination of flavors is a great thing! Flatbread recipes are a beautiful thing because they are so low maintenance.
Just top the toasty warm flatbread with a sauce, cheese and whatever toppings you have available in the fridge.
"We had this last week and Ed already asked when we are having it again!!!"- Karen, Facebook comment
Great recipes and good food do not have to be complicated! They can shine with simple ingredients, like this chicken pizza recipe.
This recipe is AWESOME for substitutions! Here are a few suggestions:
- You can use naan bread, use a homemade flatbread, pita bread or pre-baked store-bought pizza dough as your base. You can also use a large tortilla, just be sure to pre-bake it in the oven for 2-3 minutes before adding toppings.
- Red peppers are a delicious addition!
- If you don't have cilantro, green onion is a wonderful substitute.
- If you don't have queso fresco or cotija cheese, try feta.
- This recipe is weirdly good as a barbecue chicken flatbread, too! Substitute the enchilada sauce for your favorite barbecue sauce. I love a spicy sauce for this option.
- If you don't have a rotisserie chicken, cook two small chicken breasts and shred. This is a great recipe for using up leftover extra chicken hanging out in your fridge!
- Feel free to dice up your favorite vegetables and add on top of the pizza!
- 1 pre-made pizza crust (11 inches round) OR 2 flatbreads (I use Flatout flatbreads)
- ¾ cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Colby jack, Monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded chicken breast
- ¼ red onion, diced small
- ½ cup corn kernels
Toppings (after baking):
- 3 tablespoons queso fresco or cotija cheese
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped, for topping
For the Elote Sauce
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- juice of 1 lime
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place flatbread or prepared pizza crust on a large baking sheet.
- Top flat bread with enchilada sauce and spread with a spoon to cover.
- Top with shredded cheese, red onion, shredded rotisserie chicken and corn.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted and beginning to brown.
- Transfer to a cutting board and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and queso fresco.
- In a small bowl, add mayo, lime juice and chili powder, stir well to combine.
- Cut pizza, then drizzle with elote sauce. Serve warm.
If you have Tajin seasoning on hand, I love to sprinkle it on top of this pizza for a little extra flavor. It's the perfect complement!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 605Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 1338mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 33g
The nutrition for this recipe is calculated by an app, and may be incorrect.
If you love this recipe, I think you'll also enjoy my Easy Buffalo Chicken Pizza.