These Easy Gingerbread Brownies start with a brownie mix, then a simple gingerbread swirl and sprinkles are added to make them festive for the holidays!
If you've been following along on this blog for a while, you know I'm not a huge baker! I rarely bake from scratch because I just don't have the patience to measure everything out.
I almost always start from a mix. That's exactly what we do here with these Easy Gingerbread Brownies!
These festive Christmas brownies start with the brownie mix of your choice (make sure you follow the package instructions to mix them up), then we make an easy gingerbread swirl to mix through the brownie batter.
For the swirl, we combine molasses and melted butter, then add an earthy blend of ginger and other spices!
It's hard not to lick the spoon when you mix up the gingerbread swirl. It's SO yummy!
Use a butter knife to swirl the gingerbread through the brownie mix, then top everything with some festive holiday sprinkles before baking!
I hope that you enjoy these amazing Chocolate Gingerbread Brownies! If you love them, I think you'll also enjoy these festive holiday desserts:
For the brownie base:
- 18.3 ounce Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
For the gingerbread swirl:
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- ⅓ cup molasses
For the topping:
- 4 tablespoons holiday sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the brownie mix to package instructions. If you use a different brand, you may need different amounts of eggs, water and vegetable oil.
- In a small bowl, add ginger, cinnamon, cloves, vanilla, butter and molasses. Stir well to combine.
- Grease a 13x9'' baking pan and add brownie batter.
- Pour gingerbread swirl over the top of the brown batter and use a knife to gently swirl the gingerbread through the brownie mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with sprinkles, then bake for 20-23 minutes, until the center is no longer gooey.
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing.