Easy Gingerbread Brownies
These Easy Gingerbread Brownies start with a brownie mix. A simple gingerbread swirl and sprinkles are added to make them festive for the holidays!
If you’ve been following along on this blog for a while, you know I’m not a huge baker! I rarely bake from scratch because I totally lack the patience to measure everything out.
I almost always start from a mix. That’s exactly what we do here with these Easy Gingerbread Brownies!
These festive Christmas brownies start with the brownie mix of your choice (make sure you follow the package instructions to mix them up), then we make an easy gingerbread swirl to mix through the brownie batter.
For the swirl, we combine molasses and melted butter, then add an earthy blend of ginger and other spices!
It’s hard not to lick the spoon when you mix up the gingerbread swirl. It’s SO yummy!
Use a butter knife to swirl the gingerbread through the brownie mix, then top everything with some festive holiday sprinkles before baking!
Once baked, you can slice them into squares, or use a cookie cutter to cut them into tree shapes, or any other festive holiday shapes!
I hope that you enjoy these amazing Chocolate Gingerbread Brownies! If you love them, I think you’ll also enjoy these festive holiday desserts and treats!
- Hot Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Homemade Hot Chocolate
- The Best Christmas Cracker Candy (easy recipe)
- Christmas Sugar Cookie Bars – Soft and Chewy Recipe
- Reindeer Chow (Christmas White Chocolate Chex Mix)
- How to Make the Best Christmas Charcuterie Wreath
- The Easiest Christmas Charcuterie Board (Christmas Tree Shape)
For the brownie base:
- 18.3 ounce Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
For the gingerbread swirl:
- ⅓ cup molasses
- ¼ cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
For the topping:
- 4 tablespoons holiday sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, prepare the brownie mix to package instructions. If you use a different brand, you may need different amounts of eggs, water and vegetable oil.
- In a small bowl, add gingerbread swirl ingredients: ginger, cinnamon, cloves, vanilla, butter and molasses. Stir well to combine.
- Grease a 13x9'' baking pan and add brownie batter.
- Pour gingerbread swirl over the top of the brown batter and use a knife to gently swirl the gingerbread through the brownie mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with sprinkles, then bake for 20-23 minutes, until the center is no longer gooey.
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 227Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 43mgSodium 54mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 0gSugar 9gProtein 1g
The nutrition for this recipe is calculated by an app and may be incorrect.