Dinner does not get easier than this Easy Beef Stir Fry with Noodles! This is a one skillet recipe made with simple ingredients and a sweet garlicky soy sauce. You will love these Beef Pan Fried Noodles!
'Tis the season... to not know what the heck to make for dinner! We have been ordering carryout a lot lately because we are so busy and keep forgetting to meal plan. And honestly, it's a bummer to spend so much on carryout from a Chinese restaurant when you can make a delicious carryout-style meal at home for ⅓rd of the cost!
This yummy Asian beef noodles recipe is made using one large skillet: it's the perfect quick weeknight meal. We combine tender juicy beef, fresh noodles from Fortune Yaki-Soba, white or yellow onion, cabbage and a delicious sweet and savory sauce.
For those of you that hail from my native town of Jefferson City, this dish is based on the house beef recipe from Hunan restaurant, my all-time favorite Chinese food. Their version of the dish is a simple beef and cabbage served over rice. We add a few extra things to their base recipe and serve with noodles to make it a complete meal.
As always, consider this a starting point for your recipe. If you have extra veggies, add them! Saute alongside the cabbage. Here are some delicious suggestions that will pair perfectly with this beef stir fry:
- bean sprouts
- snow peas
- bell peppers
- bok choy
For this recipe, I used Fortune Yaki Soba noodles. You can purchase these noodles at Safeway, Fred Meyer, QFC, Albertson's, Associated Stores, Cub Foods, United Supermarkets, Roche Bros, Meijer, Shaw's, Stop N Shop, Price Rite, Shop Rite, Wakefern, Price Chopper, Giant, HEB, Walmart and Grocery Outlet.
If you love this recipe, I think you will also enjoy this Asian Chicken Rice bowl!
- 2.5 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- ½ white onion, diced fine
- ¼ head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 pound lean beef, cut into thin slices (flank steak, skirt steak, or sirloin steak)
- ¼ cup green onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces Fortune Yaki-Soba Stir Fry Noodles
- optional toppings: additional diced green onions, sesame seeds, crushed red pepper flakes
- To a large non-stick skillet, add 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Heat oil over medium-high heat until hot and sizzling.
- Add onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened and fragrant.
- Add cabbage and sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes until the cabbage is slightly wilted.
- Remove onions and cabbage from pan and allow to rest on a large plate.
- Return skillet to burner and add 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Heat oil over medium-high heat until hot and sizzling.
- Add beef to skillet and sear for 3 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Remove steak strips from skillet and allow to rest on a separate plate.
- Return skillet to burner and add remaining ½ tablespoon sesame oil. Heat over low-medium heat.
- Now, we build the sauce. Add green onions and sauté for 1 minute. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, scraping the bottom of the pan frequently.
- Reduce burner to low heat. Add soy sauce, sugar and black pepper and stir vigorously to combine. The sauce will thicken quickly, stir for about one minute.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Yaki-Soba noodles according to package directions to soften, then add to the sauce. Allow to simmer and stir in the sauce until well coated, then add onions, cabbage and beef.
- Toss to combine, serve warm.