When I got married, my Mom asked for everyone attending my wedding shower to bring their favorite recipe. Then, she put together a recipe book for me. Lucky for me, she included a photocopy of this Polka Dot Cookies recipe, using chocolate cake mix and just a few other ingredients!
Someone unidentified angel* made a photocopy of an old recipe, titled "Poke-a-Dot Cookies." The recipe scrawl is nearly indecipherable, but this recipe is worth it's weight in gold.
These cookies are so simple, so easy to make. A box of chocolate cake mix, two eggs, and some vegetable oil are all that you need to get started. I love German Chocolate cake, so that is the cake mix I typically use. You can use standard chocolate, Devil's Food, or whatever suits your fancy!
I typically use white chocolate chips, but have also used peanut butter and mint chips to delicious results in thes polka dot cookies!
These cookies have become a staple in our house. They are so easy to whip up!
*One of my cousins identified this recipe as being from my late paternal grandmother. An angel, indeed!
- 1 15.25 ounce box chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 package white chocolate chips
- Combine cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Using kitchen mixer, mix for one minute.until well combined.
- Add in white chocolate chips, and stir gently until combined, about 15 seconds.
- Using standard dinner spoon or ice cream scoop, scoop batter and drop onto greased cookie sheet, 12 cookies per pan.
- Bake at 350 for 7 minutes, remove from pan and allow to cool on cooling racks.