This lightened up Turkey Meatball Stroganoff is a winter weather crowd pleaser, and it’s ready in about 30 minutes!
When I started this blog, I did it with the intention of sharing quick weeknight meals like this Turkey Meatball Stroganoff. I was a new working Mom, and quickly found that I was going to have to change how I did things in the kitchen. My husband and I knew we wanted to keep having mostly home cooked meals for dinner, but we couldn’t cook leisurely anymore.
We needed quick meals that allowed us some time to play with our son, give him a bath, and have him in bed for his early bedtime. So, I started sharing recipes for awesome dinners that were ready in less than 30 minutes, like this Asian Chicken Bowl, Easy Turkey Scallopini, and Vietnamese Pork and Rice Bowl. And today, I’m sharing a new AWESOME recipe that my entire family loved, this Easy Turkey Meatball Stroganoff.
I’ve been working with Honeysuckle White as an Ambassador for the past two years, and these new Cheese Stuffed Italian Turkey Meatballs are the perfect protein for this turkey stroganoff recipe. They’re already seasoned and ready for the oven! While they bake, you can work on pulling together the noodles and sauce. I love the new products that Honeysuckle White is introducing to help make healthy weeknight meals easy.
Adding mushrooms is completely optional, but I like to have a vegetable added into the meal so that I don’t have to dirty up another pot! This is a complete meal for my husband and I. For my son, I typically plate the pasta and meatballs separately, and add an easy vegetable like steamed broccoli or green beans, since he still doesn’t like his food to touch. Toddlers, ya’ll. 🙂
- 16 ounces Honeysuckle White Cheese Stuffed Italian Turkey Meatballs
- 1 package egg noodles
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 6-8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth (low sodium)
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (I use Campbell’s Healthy Request)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Place meatballs in oven safe baking dish and baking for 20-25 minutes, following package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil and heat for 1-2 minutes. Add onion and mushrooms, saute for 3-4 minutes until they begin to get fragrant. Add garlic, saute for another 30 seconds, do not allow to brown.
- Add butter to onions and mushrooms in pan, and melt, stirring vigorously. Once melted, add flour to, continue to stir vigorously until the flour has absorbed the butter and formed a paste.
- Add beef broth, and whisk vigorously to remove lumps on high heat, allowing to boil for 2-3 minutes until it begins to thicken.
- Turn burner off, whisk in sour cream and mushroom soup.
- Stir until mixture is thoroughly incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Serve over egg noodles, top with meatballs.
- Serving Size: 5