Cajun Crab Dip
This Cajun Crab Dip is the perfect hot dip for parties! Packed with crab meat, this Cajun Crab Dip is slightly spicy and so creamy!
If you’ve been following Blackberry Babe for a while, you know I have a deep love for all things New Orleans. It’s my favorite city in the United States, and I’ve brought back the flavors of cajun and creole cooking back to our Kansas City kitchen.
I’m not sure that anything about this Hot Cajun Crab Dip is authentic, but it sure is tasty! It’s perfectly cheesy, and would be a hit as an appetizer at any party this winter!
The operative word for this Cajun Crab Dip is “creamy.” It’s packed with cream cheese, sour cream and cheddar cheese. This cajun dip is also just a little bit spicy. Remember, you control the level of spice! If you don’t love spicy food, add just a bit of the cajun spice that I recommend, stir, and taste! You can always add more, but it’s sure hard to add less!
Crab is a favorite in our house but it’s not easy to come by in the Midwest. Luckily, our grocer carries some high-quality crab meat in tins that we use for recipes like this. I chose the shredded white meat crab, which is a bit cheaper than the lump or claw meat. If you have a hard time finding it in your store, you can always add it to your Amazon cart! You can choose between this value option with smaller pieces of crab, or this higher quality lump crab option.
And what to pair with your favorite new Crab Dip? Chips, cut veggies or pretzels will do the trick!
If you love this Cajun Crab Dip, I think you’ll also love these Cajun recipes:
- Deep Fried Cajun Turkey
- Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- Cajun Shrimp Boil
- Spicy Cajun Pasta with Sausage and Tomatoes
- Cajun Shrimp and Grits
- 6 ounces crab meat, real of imitation
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1.5 tablespoons hot sauce
- ½ tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, white portions removed and discarded
- Add cream cheese to microwave safe bowl, cook on low power for 1-2 minutes to soften.
- To bowl, add crab meat, sour cream, hot sauce, Worchestershire sauce and spices and stir to combine.
- Return bowl to microwave and heat for an additional 1 minute until bubbly.
- Remove from microwave, add green onions and stir again to combine.
- Serve hot with chips, veggies or pretzels.