Easy Turkey Scallopini is ready in about 20 minutes. Turkey breast cutlets are sauteed with a mushroom and white wine sauce!
Whew, boy. Life has been pretty wild the past few weeks! I’ve been traveling, my husbands been traveling too, and we got a dog! We’ve actually been searching for a pup for the past year or so, but have had a hard time. Either the pup wasn’t good with kiddos, or they weren’t nice to kitties, or they were a breed our neighborhood wouldn’t allow, or the rescue organization required a fence (which we can’t have). It was important to us to adopt, but we were getting super close to finding a puppy through a breeder. Just then, voila! A friend tagged me in a post on Facebook about a pup that had just been rescued and he fit everything we were looking for! Big, handsome and well behaved. He’s already brought so much joy to our lives, but with the extra walks and potty breaks, I find myself once again scrambling to figure out how I can get dinner on the table quickly! I was recently introduced to Honeysuckle White’s Turkey Chops and Cutlets and have been experimenting with quick ways to cook up this lean protein in the skillet like this Easy Turkey Scallopini. It's the PERFECT weeknight dinner. And, it looks fancy, so your family will think you’ve really got it going on! I love it when I can trick them into thinking I slaved over dinner.
To make this Easy Turkey Scallopini, you start with Honeysuckle White Turkey Cutlets. These are cut into single serving breast portions. They are relatively thin, but I decided to quickly pound them out between some saran wrap to reduce the cook time even further. A quick dredge in flour and garlic powder, and they’re in the pan! The cook time completely depends on the thickness of the cutlets, but I did about 4-5 minutes per side for ½ inch thick. One of my favorite parts of this recipe is that it one uses ONE pan! After you quickly cook the turkey, you introduce wine, mushrooms, capers and other goodies into the same pan to deglaze it and make a yummy sauce.
I love to serve this Easy Turkey Scallopini with wild rice and a green veggie. But, because the wine and mushroom sauce is so delicious, you could certainly serve this over pasta, or with mashed potatoes!
If you try this recipe, I'd love to hear what you think in the comments!
- 1 lb Honeysuckle White Boneless Skinless Turkey Breast tenderloin
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms, fresh
- 2 tablespoon water mixed with 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 20 capers, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- lemon slices (optional, for garnish)
- Place turkey breast on flat surface. Cover with saran wrap or plastic bag, and use a mallet to pound to even thickness, about 1-/2 inch thick in all places.
- In a large skillet, melt butter on medium- low heat. Meanwhile, add flour and garlic powder to a bowl. Quickly dredge the turkey breast in the flour mixture on each side, then place in the skillet.
- Cook on medium for about 5 minutes, then flip, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove turkey to a plate and reduce skillet heat to low.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the mushrooms are just beginning to caramelize.
- Add lemon juice, wine, and cornstarch mixture. Stir and heat until simmering, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add capers and parsley, and spoon sauce over turkey breasts. Serve with fresh lemon wedges (optional).
This post was sponsored by Honeysuckle White. Thank you for supporting the brands I love who make this blog possible!