These perfectly grilled Sriracha Peach Shrimp Skewers will knock your socks off! Sweet and slightly hot, plus tips for the best grilled shrimp each time.
My husband and I are a little bit competitive about cooking. We both love to do it, but we have different specialties. He’s great on the grill and smoker, and I’ve got the oven on lock. Sometimes our world’s collide, and I help prepare food for the grill. This past weekend, we decided we wanted grilled shrimp, but couldn’t agree on the flavor profile. So, we made two pounds of shrimp, and split them into two different marinades. The first batch was our old stanby, a cajun dry rub. The second was experimental, these Sriracha Peach Shrimp Skewers.
I love sriracha on everything, and so does he. But, he doesn’t love sweet flavors very much, so he didn’t think he’d like the sweet and spicy flavors in this sriracha peach marinade. He took one bite, and immediately said “Yours are better,” and then the poor guy stared at my plate until I finally gave up eating and let him eat the rest!
I know this is a bold statement for a food blogger, but this is probably the best recipe I’ve shared in 2016, and I think it was equally due to the marinade and the cooking technique on the grill. I did quite a bite of research on how to make sure that grilled shrimp come out perfect on the grill, not rubbery. First, you should marinade them at least for an hour (in this case, we use sriracha, peach jam and spices). Next, make sure to purchase shell-on shrimp, but you want the ones that are de-veined AND shell-on. This will maximize the amount of shrimp meat that hits the marinade, giving you tons of flavor even with the shell blocking part of the meat! Also, when skewering the shrimp, it’s helpful to run two skewers through them to keep them from twirling around the skewer stick, which is super frustrating. Finally, you need a quick and hot sear for the shrimp to be perfectly done. About 2 and a half minutes on each side will do it.
Have you fired up the grill yet? I know it’s early, but I think these Sriracha Peach Shrimp Skewers will be making MANY repeat appearances on our grill this year!
On to the Sriracha Peach Shrimp Skewers recipe…Print
- 1 lb shrimp, shell-on, deveined
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- 3/4 cup peach preserves or jam
- 2 tsp garlic powder
Optional basting liquid
- 3 tbsp peach jam
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- pinch of fresh garlic or garlic powder
- Make sure shrimp are completely de-thawed. Pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Add shrimp to gallon size Ziploc bag, along with sriracha, peach jam, and garlic powder. Massage the marinade into the shrimp, store in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Thread onto skewers (I use two skewers to keep the shrimp in place). If using wooden skewers, make sure they are well soaked in water beforehand so they don’t burn.
- Grill over high, direct heat for 2.5 minutes on each side, basting each side with basting liquid. Serve while hot.
- Serving Size: 3