The BEST Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip
Look no further for the BEST Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip! This easy smoked buffalo chicken dip recipe is smoked to perfection. It has just the right amount of smoky flavor!
Here in Kansas City, we know how to barbecue. It’s not unusual to see both a grill and a smoker fired up at someone’s house, at the same time. We also LOVE the classic Buffalo Chicken Dip!
Buffalo Chicken Dip is a super popular appetizer here in the Midwest! It’s a creamy, spicy dip that is a game day staple – we serve it at every single football watch party!
But, like everything here in the Midwest, we like buffalo chicken dip better when it’s smoked! So, the next time you’re cooking for the big game, fire up your smoker and make this dreamy buffalo dip!
The primary ingredient in this yummy smoked dip is shredded chicken!
I like to grab a whole chicken from the deli that’s already been roasted on the rotisserie, and then shred it. This is a great way to save some time.
You can also pre-cook chicken breasts or chicken thighs, or even smoke them! Smoked chicken adds a whole new level of smokiness. Regardless of how you cook your chicken, you will need four cups of shredded chicken for this recipe.
You can also make this nice melty dip on your gas grill! Just cook over low, indirect heat for the same amount of time on a covered grill.
The dip will not have a super smoky flavor, but you can add smoke to the mix by adding a few wood chips to the hot coals.
How to Keep Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip Moist
Please note that when you smoke or grill chicken dip, it can come out a bit drier than you’re used to. But, there’s ways to prevent this!
You can help this by adding a water pan to your smoker, which maintains a moist air environment within the smoker.
Also, if needed, you can add extra ranch dressing or buffalo wing sauce after the cook time to add back some moisture.
You will smoke this creamy dip uncovered in it’s pan to allow the smoke to penetrate the buffalo chicken mixture.
How to Use Leftover Buffalo Chicken Dip:
Yes, this dip is great for leftovers! There are so many ways to use leftover buffalo chicken dip. Here are a few ideas:
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
- Stuffed Baked Potatoes or Potato Skins
- Dilute with chicken broth to make soup
- Serve on top of french fries
- Spread it on top of a flatbread with extra cheese and bake like a pizza!
I hope you enjoy this delicious dip, packed with gooey goodness! If you enjoy this recipe, I think you’ll also enjoy:
- 4 cups rotisserie chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese, cubed
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup pepperjack cheese OR mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Optional: ¼ cup blue cheese dressing
- blue cheese crumbles, sour cream, diced green onions
- Preheat your smoker to 250° degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients. Stir well to combine.
- Add dip mixture to 8x8 aluminum pan, cast iron skillet or grill safe baking pan.
- Smoke at 250 degrees Fahrenheit, uncovered, for 1.5 hours.
- Remove from the smoker or grill and stir to combine.
- Top with optional toppings.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips, celery sticks or pork rinds.
I like cherry wood or apple wood chips best for this recipe.
I use a water pan for this recipe to add moisture to the air in the smoker. This will help keep the dip from drying out.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 468Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 157mgSodium 1530mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 37g
The nutrition for this recipe is calculated by an app and may be incorrect.