Last Updated on
This recipe was sponsored by General Mills, all opinions remain my own.
This Cinnamon Roll Cake is a sweet, overnight breakfast casserole. It's topped with an easy, crunch cinnamon crumble. Brunch perfection!
I love the holiday season, but it is so busy! I find that we're often so busy with family and work that it's tough to fit in a holiday party with our friends! Which is a bummer, because our friends are FUN! If that's the case for you as well, I have a solution. Holiday brunch!
That's right! Holiday brunch is so much easier to fit in during this busy time of the year. Grab a Sunday afternoon, your friends and make it happen! For our holiday brunches, I like to make this Cinnamon Roll Cake. This Cinnamon Roll Cake is what happens when cinnamon rolls meet bread pudding!
I grab Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls at Sam's Club to use as my base for this dish. I bake the cinnamon rolls according to package directions and allow them to cool. Then, I combine cinnamon roll pieces with a wet mixture of whisked eggs, milk and vanilla.
The cinnamon roll pieces act like a sponge and soak up the eggs, milk and vanilla. You can allow this to happen overnight in your refrigerator, or over the course of an hour! Before baking, I top with an easy brown sugar and cinnamon crumb. This will provide you with a crunchy topping for your dense and creamy cake!
I love this Cinnamon Roll Cake because you can do most of the work the night before! This takes so much of the stress away, especially if you are hosting!
Not sure what else to make for your holiday brunch? I love to use Bisquick Original Pancake and Baking Mix to whip up a huge stack of pancakes? Bisquick pancakes are affordable, delicious and fun for your guests to customize! Provide syrup, powdered sugar or even pie filling for pancake toppings.
How are you making sure you fit in time with your friends this holiday season? I'd love to hear your ideas, and if you have any amazing holiday brunch tips, leave them in the comments! In the meantime, head to your local Sam's Cub to stock up!
Love this Cinnamon Roll Cake? I think you'll also enjoy:
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 cans of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
- 1.5 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the cinnamon crumb topping:
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 tbsp cold butter
- Bake cinnamon rolls according to package instructions. Reserve the included icing for later. Allow rolls to cool.
- Grease a 9x9'' baking pan.
- Tear cinnamon roll pieces into small bites and put in the greased pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine milk, eggs and vanilla and whisk well to combine.
- Pour the milk and eggs mixture over the top of the torn cinnamon rolls. Use your hands (I promise it's the best way!) to combine the wet mixture with the cinnamon rolls, making sure the cinnamon roll pieces are well coated.
- Cover, and allow to rest in the refrigerator overnight, or at least for one hour.
- In a small bowl, make the cinnamon crumb topping. Combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Slowly cut in the cold butter, mashing with a fork to combine with the dry ingredients until it resembles pebbles.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon crumb over the top of the cinnamon roll cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40-45 minutes, until the cinnamon crumb mixture slightly hardens.
- Drizzle the reserved icing from the cinnamon rolls over the top and serve warm.