Last Updated on
This Asian Chicken Burger is SO full of flavor! Seasoned ground chicken burger patties are baked then topped with ginger peach relish. Includes grill and stovetop cooking options!
A few weeks ago, I posted this a recipe for a Cowboy Burger. It's a monster, heaped with bacon, cheddar, fried onions and barbecue sauce. When I posted it, my readers collectively groaned. Over and over again, I heard "This looks SO good, but just looking at it gives me a heart attack!" And, other similar sentiments. Well, I listen to you all! I seriously do.
And honestly, while I love my Cowboy Burgers, I am currently eating very clean and not even my wildest cheat day supports eating calorie heavy burgers right now. So, I have an answer for all of you who LOVED the cowboy burger, but didn't love the calorie count. This Asian Chicken Burger is every bit as flavorful and memorable, and satisfies both hearty and healthy eaters.
This burger has a bit of an asian meets southern flair, because of the hoisin sauce and the ginger that is used in both the burger and the relish. It reminded me a little bit of those yummy asian chicken lettuce wraps that everyone loves, just in burger form!
And, the topping is to die for! Fresh juicy peaches, ground chicken, fresh ginger, carrots and red onions. A super winning flavor combination AND one of these absolutely delicious burgers is a bit over 300 calories! These Asian Chicken Burgers taste like a splurge, but aren't. My favorite kind of recipe.
Another thing I really loved about this recipe was that some of the ingredients were mirrored in both the burger and the relish, namely the ginger and the red onion. When you can make that happen, your shopping list is so much more manageable, right?
I hope you love these ground chicken burgers! They're the perfect addition to your summer menu!
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small red onion, halved
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns
- For the salsa:
- 1 large peach, chopped
- 1 Tbsp orange marmalade
- 1 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.* Mist a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Grate the carrot and 1/2 onion into a large bowl. Add the chicken, panko, hoisin sauce, and ginger. Mix until combined.
- Shape the chicken mixture into 4 patties and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Serve on buns and top with the peach salsa.
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Makes about 1 cup.
-grill over high heat for about 5 minutes per side.
- cook in hot skillet for 6-7 minutes per side.