This cheesy corn casserole is the perfect side dish for the holidays or a barbecue! Have this cream cheese corn casserole recipe ready, because you'll be asked for it!
The holidays are coming, everyone. Don't be scared. It'll be okay. The main thing I always emphasize is that the holidays are ALL about the side dishes (like this Cream Cheese Corn Casserole) and appetizers. For real. When have you ever said "oh man, that turkey was SO good?"
As long the turkey isn't super dry, all is well. I personally love it deep fried because it adds a crazy richness, but your average oven turkey doesn't do much for me.
"Not only smells delicious, also tastes fantastic!! Love this. 😍"- Vicki, Pinterest User
I love turkey, but I tend to load up on all of my favorite side dishes, too! THE SIDES! Like this cheesy corn casserole!
It's ALL about the sides and the appetizers. I can imagine this cheesy corn bake being a staple side dish at every family gathering we have. It's decadent without being ridiculous or over-the-top.
I love the balance between the slightly sweet cream cheese, and slightly spicy green chiles, and the sweet crunch of the corn. Corn casserole with cream cheese is truly my favorite side for the holidays!
"This has become our official Thanksgiving corn dish!!!"-MaryAnn, Facebook User
This recipe is inspired by the cheesy corn at Jack Stack BBQ here in Kansas City. They are famous for their barbecue and side dishes, and Jack Stack cheesy corn is my favorite!
Give it a try, and please let me know what you think! I think this corn casserole with cream cheese will become a family favorite for years to come.
- 3 cans of corn, drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces canned green chiles, chopped
- ½ small yellow onion, chopped very fine
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp old bay or cajun/creole seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp white sugar
- ½ cup shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese
- additional shredded cheese for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add corn, cream cheese and green chiles. Cook in microwave for 1-2 minutes, until cream cheese is melted.
- Stir, adding in onion, garlic powder, seasoning, salt, pepper, sugar and cheese, and stirring thoroughly.
- Spray a 9x9'' baking pan with cooking oil, then add corn and cream cheese mixture to pan. Sprinkle with additional cheese to taste.
- Bake for one hour, serve.