This post has been sponsored by Tyson. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
The entire family will love these easy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers, made on the grill and topped with an easy Maple Sriracha glaze!
Wow, this summer has been busy so far! We live on a lake. and have gotten really involved in the community this year. That means lots of fun time at the beach, on the boat, and barbecuing at the house! We’ve had friends or family over to grill the past few weekends, and I love getting to try new recipes on them! This Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers recipe was an absolute hit, and it’s so easy to throw together. It’s high in protein, a kid pleaser, and an adult pleaser! The fact that it’s basted in a super simple Sriracha Maple Glaze is the icing on the cake!
To make this Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers recipe, I visited my located Dillon’s store to pick up Wright Brand Bacon (get the Maple flavor if you can find it!), and Tyson Fresh Chicken Breast. I sliced the chicken breast into bite sized pieces, about one inch on all sides. To keep the time down on this recipe, I didn’t brine the chicken. Instead, I quickly tossed it in a spice blend made of paprika, brown sugar and other spices! Once coated in the spice rub, all I had to do was wrap each chicken piece in 1/3 to 1/2 a slice of bacon, then place on a skewer! Because they’re cut down to bite size, these skewers grill pretty quickly! Just a few minutes on each side are all you need.
If you’re using small wooden skewers, I’d recommend doubling up to keep the pieces in place. Larger metal skewers with flat sides should hold the pieces in place as is. Grilling directly over high heat will make sure the bacon gets crispy and caramelizes, which you want!
I hope that you enjoy these Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers in an easy Sriracha Maple Glaze! If you love this recipe, I think you’ll also love my Sriracha Glazed Chicken with Mango Salsa, and these Sriracha Peach Shrimp Skewers! I love pairing these easy bacon chicken skewers with my favorite Cranberry Broccoli Salad, this Mayo-Free Slaw, and Cheesy Corn Bake!
- 2.5 lbs Fresh Tyson Chicken Breast
- 16 ounces Wright Brand Bacon
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce (use your favorite)
- Cut chicken breast into cubes, about one inch per side.
- Add spices to gallon-sized Ziploc bag and shake to combine. Add chicken pieces and shake to coat.
- Wrap each piece of chicken in 1/3 to 1/2 piece of bacon and slide onto skewer.
- Oil your grill grates to prevent sticking, then add skewers over high heat.
- Grill on
- Place skewers on your well-oiled grill (to prevent sticking) and grill one side for about 3 minutes.
- Turn the skewer over and baste the crispy, grilled side while the other cooks for another three minutes.
- Continue to flip and baste until the bacon is crisp and chicken is cooked to 165°F.
- Serving Size: 6