This post brought to you by Martin’s Food Markets. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Blackberry Babe.
This healthy chicken burger combines southern and Asian flavors! Seasoned ground chicken patties are baked then topped with ginger peach relish.
A few weeks ago, I posted this a recipe for a Cowboy Burger. It’s a monster, heaped with bacon, cheddar, fried onions and barbecue sauce. When I posted it, my readers collectively groaned. Over and over again, I heard “This looks SO good, but just looking at it gives me a heart attack!” And, other similar sentiments. Well, I listen to you all! I seriously do. And honestly, while I love my Cowboy Burgers, I am currently eating very clean and not even my wildest cheat day supports eating them right now. So, I have an answer for all of you who LOVED the cowboy burger, but didn’t love the calorie count. This Sweet ‘n’ Southern Chicken Burger is every bit as flavorful and memorable, and satisfies both hearty and healthy eaters.
I found the recipe on Martin’s Savory Recipe Center, and got to shopping! Fresh juicy peaches, ground chicken, fresh ginger, carrots and red onions. A super winning flavor combination and one of these absolutely delicious burgers is a bit over 300 calories! They taste like a splurge, but aren’t. My favorite kind of recipe! The Martin’s recipe was named the Sweet ‘n’ Southern Burger because of the delicious, juicy peach topping. This burger has a bit of an asian meets southern flair, because of the hoisin sauce and the ginger that is used in both the burger and the relish. It reminded me a little bit of those yummy asian chicken lettuce wraps that everyone loves, just in burger form!
Another thing I really loved about this recipe was that some of the ingredients were mirrored in both the burger and the relish, namely the ginger and the red onion. When you can make that happen, your shopping list is so much more manageable, right?
With the 4th of July just around the corner, I really encourage you all to start your planning so you can make this 4th one to remember! There are SO many delicious recipes from Martin’s Food Markets. Martin’s supports easy, affordable and high quality meals that are perfect for your next barbecue!
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small red onion, halved
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns
- 1 large peach, chopped
- 1 Tbsp orange marmalade
- 1 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Mist a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Grate the carrot and 1/2 onion into a large bowl. Add the chicken, panko, hoisin sauce, and ginger. Mix until combined.
- Shape the chicken mixture into 4 patties and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Serve on buns and top with the peach salsa.
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Makes about 1 cup.