Need a super easy, inexpensive side for the holidays or a barbecue? This cream cheese corn casserole with green chiles fits the bill! So simple and creamy. Have the recipe ready, because you’ll be asked for it!
The holidays are coming, everyone. Don’t be scared. It’ll be okay. The main thing I always emphasize is that the holidays are ALL about the side dishes and appetizers. For real. When have you ever said “oh man, that turkey was SO good.” Rarely, right? Turkey is what it is.
As long as it’s not super dry, all is well. I personally love it deep fried because it adds a crazy richness, but your average oven turkey doesn’t do much for me. It occupies a small space on my plate, because I load up on what really matters to me. THE SIDES! Like this Cream Cheese Corn Casserole.
It’s ALL about the sides and the appetizers. I can imagine this cheesy corn bake being a staple side dish at every family gathering we have. It’s decadent without being ridiculous or over-the-top.
I love the balance between the slightly sweet cream cheese, and slightly spicy green chiles, and the sweet crunch of the corn. Corn casserole with cream cheese is truly my favorite side for the holidays!
Give it a try, and please let me know what you think! I think this corn casserole with cream cheese will become a family favorite for years to come!
You’ll be asked for this cream cheese corn casserole recipe every time you bring it: sweet corn with cream cheese, chile peppers and spices make a super side dish!
- 3 cans of corn, drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces canned green chiles, chopped
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped very fine
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp old bay or cajun/creole seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese
- additional shredded cheese for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add corn, cream cheese and green chiles. Cook in microwave for 1-2 minutes, until cream cheese is melted.
- Stir, adding in onion, garlic powder, seasoning, salt, pepper, sugar and cheese, and stirring thoroughly.
- Spray a 9×9” baking pan with cooking oil, then add corn and cream cheese mixture to pan. Sprinkle with additional cheese to taste.
- Bake for one hour, serve.