Leftover Pulled Pork Sliders
When you have leftover pork, make these Easy Pulled Pork Sliders! This easy dinner recipe is the best way to use leftover pulled pork. The easy, creamy cole slaw is the perfect topping!
Is there anything more satisfying than pulled pork sandwiches? I don’t think so! We love to smoke a boneless pork shoulder and eat it for several days to make pulled pork sliders, rice bowls and scrambled eggs!
Please note, that this is NOT the type of slider recipe where you put the slider buns in a baking dish, pour butter over the top and bake. Coleslaw does not do well in the oven!
If you need a pulled pork recipe, I have two for you! You can check out this Smoked Pulled Pork recipe, or Crockpot Pulled Pork recipe. I really love our Smoked Pulled Pork recipe. It has a delicious spice rub and it slow cooks on the smoker until it’s moist and delicious!
Regardless of how you make your pulled pork, I bet you will have leftovers! And when you do, you can make these delicious BBQ Pork Sliders. These petite sandwiches used miniature Hawaiian buns.
We layer barbecue coated pulled pork, creamy coleslaw and cheese on each bun. The contrast of the saucy meat and the creamy crunchiness of the coleslaw is the BEST!
I like to serve these sliders for game day, or as an easy weeknight meal with french fries or potato salad and leftover cole slaw! Because of their size, I typically plan on 2-3 sliders per person!
I used Hawaiian rolls for this pork slider recipe, but feel free to use your favorite slider buns!
Here are a few variations of this recipe that I’ve tried:
Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sliders: Add pineapple slices to each bun. You can also sub teriyaki sauce for BBQ sauce!
Less Saucy Sliders: Reheat the pulled pork in the oven with chicken broth, covered in aluminum foil. Then, drizzle the BBQ sauce over the top.
- 4 cups leftover pulled pork
- 1 package Hawaiian slider buns, 12 count
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 slices cheddar, American, or mozzarella cheese, halved
For the BBQ Sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
For the slaw topping:
- 6 ounces shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon celery seed
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- To a medium saucepan or large skillet, add BBQ sauce ingredients and heat gently on low heat until it comes to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Add pork to the saucepan and heat over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine cabbage, mayo, vinegar, sugar and spices. Toss well to combine.
- To each bottom bun, add ½ cheese slice, warm barbecue pork, and a dollop of the slaw mixture. Add mayonnaise to each top bun, and place on top of the bottom slider rolls.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Notes: You do not have to make homemade barbecue sauce! Feel free to substitute 1.5 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce.
Dill pickles are an awesome addition that add extra flavor!
If you don't like mayo in your slaw, try this Vinegar Based Coleslaw recipe.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 293Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 47mgSodium 1007mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 2gSugar 22gProtein 15g
The nutrition for this recipe is calculated by an app and may be incorrect.
If you love this pork sliders recipe, I think you’ll also enjoy these delicious recipes :